Saturday, May 31, 2008

Friends, Then and Now

Time flies fast but friendship stays forever. I didn't lift that up from a Hallmark e-card. I happen to get hold of old pictures with two of my friends since college while I was looking at my stacks of photos. It put a smile on my face. Look at us, we were college freshmen when we met at the university. We often have sleepovers like the one in the picture at another friend's house.

I graduated a semester ahead of them since I had always taken up summer classes. I got busy with work and with the new people I met along the way. But they never lose touch. I was the one always missing in action. It felt so good when I reconnected with them. That was the time I needed real friends. They were still there for me. That was four or five years ago when we renewed our friendship. And we have kept in touch since then - lunch, occasional night outs, chatting online, etcetera. I will never lose my friends again. I love them and I thank God for them.

For this photo hunt, this is the part of me I want to share with all of you. Me as a friend, then and now.

Picture at the left was taken decades ago, late 80s. I am the one at the rightmost. Picture at the right was taken in a cafe December last year. I'm the one in the middle. :)




photohunt

22 comments:

  1. Great photos and an inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great idea for photo hunt.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SISTER SASSY, I just feel so inspired putting up pictures of my close friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I love seeing past vs. present. Thanks for visiting me today.

    I'm starting a new meme on Tuesday about children called "Silly Monkey Stories." I hope you'll check it out.

    http://3garnetsn2sapphires.blogspot.com/2008/05/silly-monkey-stories-tuesday-meme.html

    Have a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful to have friends like that, Lyn! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Lynn, I misspelled your name, I'm sorry! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. KAREN, I think I'll love that. I'll go visit your meme.

    MARY, I am grateful I have them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MARY, I think you're the first one who apologized for misspelling my name. It's okay. But really, I always want to see my name with a double N. My name is too short already as it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the back then and then recent shots, isn't it great to have friends like that? great ph!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos and very inspiring post!
    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so fun! It's great to have friends you've known for so long. Cool shots! :D

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember having some photos of your earlier photo, Lynn but I haven't seen my college friends lately. Great post on friendship.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lucky you are to have old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful post and photos, Lynn. Your smiles have not changed. Thanks for stopping by the creek. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You guys look so cute!

    Thanks for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. yr take on the theme is creative. do more of that...makes photohunters more fun for every body :)

    in my opinion ladiers tend to b closer. men sort of drift apart once their lives no longer over-lap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! You guys didn't change much from last time till now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a nice story to accompany your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet before and after!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi lynn! you look pretty much the same in the 80s and at present...if not prettier! :) promise! :D

    have a great week and thanks for visiting my photo hunt entry!

    ReplyDelete