Monday, May 19, 2008

Rolls & Pie


We grabbed these over the weekend. There are only three reasons why I go back to Goldilocks, a popular local bakeshop. One is their polvoron, two, is their egg pie which I still love up to now. And third, the lumpiang sariwa which my husband and my mom loves. I don't really like it. I'd rather go for lumpiang shanghai.

Lumpiang sariwa (fresh spring rolls) is a Filipino staple. Feasts most especially is not complete without it. It is served in egg wrappers and its main ingredients are ubod (heart of palm), turnips, crushed peanuts, garlic, spring onion, pork, salt and pepper to taste. Chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and cornstarch to make it thick make up the sauce.



A slice of this will do for me. :)

17 comments:

  1. ang sarap nyan lumpiang sariwa!! kakagutom naman :D tapos meron pang panghimagas na egg pie yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like fresh lumpia:) And those are yummy pics of the foods! Sounds like a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness i am hungry before this blog i visit other blogger its noodles and now the dessert hahahah...Happy WS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lumpiang sariwa. One slice of egg pie is also enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too...I love Goldilocks' lumpiang sariwa!! And their caramel popcorn too. I remember ruining several brackets on my braces because of their popcorn :)

    Di ko pa na-try yung egg pie..Masubukan nga :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They both look delicious so I'll take them both, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah yes, we were there just a couple of days ago for a serving of lumpia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ETTEY, Haha, masarap nga ang egg pie pang-dessert.

    YEN, Good food, cool weather make a fab weekend for me. :)

    GENNY, Good thing you had your dessert here. :)

    SANDY, They're good!

    RACHEL, Nakakabusog.

    COOKIE, Oo nga pala, masarap din popcorn nila. Sila yata nauna sa caramel popcorn.

    CARVER, Be my guest. :)

    CESS, Nag-crave ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lynn, a slice of the egg pie is ok with me. I also eat the fresh lumpia pero pasumpong-sumpong lang. Hubby likes that.

    Hay, after the candies, food pa din :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. JULIE, LOL! Natawa ako sa after the candies mo ah. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. looking at these pics, i would go to the same bakery shop too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i miss goldilock's egg pie! huhu..

    the fresh lumpia looks delish! :)

    have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't remember visiting before, but I am glad You did.I'm adding your blog to my favorite reads.

    ReplyDelete
  14. IRENE, thanks for your interest in my blog. I appreciate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oohh, lumpiang sariwa, always the best!

    i am not much of a fan of egg pies though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love their mocha roll, caramel popcorn, cathedral window, marble slice & choco slice! hope ill get to try that egg pie next time.

    ReplyDelete