Monday, May 5, 2008

My Cake


I have recounted in my Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies post that there was no more caramel cake when we visited Estrel's a few days ago. I was disappointed but then we planned on ordering the following weekend.

But hubby thought otherwise. He ordered my cake a few days ahead in time for our anniversary last April. That's our anniversary as boyfriend and girlfriend by the way. Our anniversary as husband and wife is on January. :) Anyway, I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw it inside the ref. Hubby sure knows how to make my day even better. :D Big thanks, xoxo and that's hugs and kisses...haha.

I love the flowers!

This cake has no preservatives and best eaten on the day it is purchased. The shelf-life is only for two days. We didn't finish it off on the first day as we expected. We gave a quarter of it to my aunt a few houses away from us. What I noticed with the cake on its second day is that it became a little soggy. And the taste is not that distinct as the day hubby bought it. Still it's a good buy because the cake is so soft and the filling really creamy.

I love the flowers in the middle. I remember my aunts and cousins used to preserve flowers from their birthday cakes. They 'plant' the flowers on a lid and enclose them in a bottle. They keep them and they serve as decorations of their headboards. I don't remember how long they were able to preserve the flowers or if they use anything to keep the candy flowers from getting molds. I find them beautiful. :)

7 comments:

  1. Hooray for the caramel cake!

    I think that's supposed to be consumed within a day, Lynn. Sana nagtawag ka, di ko hihindian yan, lol!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!

    Why are you still awake at this time and why am I too? Lol. Kumukulog dito, how about there in your place? Haha. Got to sleep now. You too dear, sleep na and have a great week too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. napaka sweet naman ng hubby mo! nakakakilig naman kayo. happy anniversary!

    now i'm so curious about this estrel's. i've read your previous post about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CESS, Haha, he's really sweet. :D

    On Estrel's, you can only appreciate the cake on its first day. Unlike RR and Goldilocks, kahit 3 days, okay pa rin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i could consume that in an hour :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. RAQ, Haha, it's very creamy. Kaya pag sunod-sunod ang subo, parang sobra yung lasa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. estrel's caramel cake is so yummy talaga!

    ReplyDelete