Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ripples

Didn't I say I should postpone buying a book because I have not finished reading a few books which were given to me as Xmas gifts? Well, I did buy one. I want to read something inspiring. I need that right now. I just need to read something to perk up and soothe my senses. Am I saying something contradictory?

I have succeeded so far in balancing my life. It's not like before that work eats up most of my time. I feel good about that. I just need a good book now to relax me more.

After The Alchemist and Veronika Decides to Die, I thought I had enough of Paulo Coelho's musings. Coelho is a master storyteller no doubt as he can clearly strike your emotions, at least for a lot of people who reads his book. But after reading the two books I mentioned, it felt like I read self-help books about finding your destiny disguised as novels. So I stopped reading Coelho.

But I remember coming across a famous quote from one of his books which has inspired me a lot when I first read it.

.....it is important to let certain things go. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards, sometimes we win, sometimes we lose…Complete the circle, not out of pride, inability or arrogance but simply because whatever it is no longer fit in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are....

I have no idea what book this quote was from. What is Google for if I won't find this book. It's from The Zahir. That's the little story why I bought the book. A book about obsession. I am just on the first few pages of the book and I must say I am enjoying it. Or more appropriate to say, I am feeling it. They are poles apart but this is like the way I feel when I read Haruki Murakami. Every page seems alive and every words written I can visualize and react as if I am in the story. At least for now that's how I feel for the book. Let me see how this will go as I go on reading. The book do not have enough good reviews but I don't want my own judgment to be diluted by reviews.

Taking this a little further, I must say though that for now I must start refining, enhancing my circle, let the ripples grow and reinforce more positive vibrations. More freedom, more creativity, more passion.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn!
    That's a thought-provoking quote. I started reading "The Witch of Portobello" but I guess I was too distracted to concentrate, so I put it down. Maybe it's worth giving Coelho another chance. :)

    BTW, I tagged you (the Mom Zone Blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHATS, I will get your tag and post it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AART, I'll check his blog. Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete