Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brick Wall

I could site a lot of inspiring sharing from Mr. Randy Pausch watching The Last Lecture but what stuck on my head is the brick wall.

But remember, the brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.

Remember brick walls let us show our dedication. They are there to separate us from the people who don’t really want to achieve their childhood dreams. Don’t bail. The best of the gold’s at the bottom of barrels of crap.

And so be it. The brick wall is not an enemy. Eventually it will give in. The sooner the better. It's my call.

7 comments:

  1. ah yes. never heard it before and i love it. it's very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read about this in Mari's blog but she focused naman on dreams.

    Brick walls, yes, it depends on the person how this is viewed, whether as an impediment to his way to whatever his goals are, or a breather to keep things in perspective.


    Nice post, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CESS, First time I heard this too. Maybe that's why it really caught my attention.

    JULIE, Randy Pausch's lecture is just too inspiring that I couldn't help but make a short post about it. And he seems to be a fine lecturer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the key chain tennis shoe!


    My shoes are posted. Finally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter must be a really lucky to have that many shoes. You're pampering her! Nice mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. MISSBELLE, Oh not all came from me. Most of her shoes were given by my mother. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Disney crocs are cool! My daughter wears flip flops over crocs, even worse! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete