Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kiddie Crew Summer Program


Today's Photo Hunt encourages participants like me to share whatever pictures we feel like posting. I would like to share some pictures of my daughter as one of the Kiddie Crews at McDonald's. This is her second year to join this fun activity. This is a yearly program of McDonald's which is open to children five to twelve years old if I remember it right.

The first day was their orientation day. She was assigned at the counter together with some of her batch mates. They have a guide which coaches them on greeting the customers and putting the condiments on the tray.

Look, they're so busy! :D


She was taught how to dispense soda. My daughter is almost as tall as the service staff. She's a growing girl!


The Kiddie Crew project is conducted for five consecutive days, two hours each day. Three days are spent going around the counter and lobby areas with their coaches. No, there are no monetary rewards for the kids. Parents enroll their children for P500 (roughly 12USD) which include their snack and uniform (cap, shirt and ID). On the fourth day, they spent an hour doing arts and crafts. The fifth and last day, there were games and a little program with Grimace. The children enjoyed posing with him. I did too but I won't post that here anymore. :D


A portion of the program was giving the parents the kids' chosen project during their art and crafts day. I was happy to see my daughter painted this canvas bag for me. She could have chosen other projects like the mosaic glass or the picture frame, but my daughter chose this. :)


As always, these activities aim not just to foster team spirit and cooperation but having a great time while learning. Just like last year, my daughter enjoyed her stint and gained new friends too. It is also a good exposure for children in valuing work and mingling with people. This is a fun activity for kids since it's just like playing in a real McDonald's store.

24 comments:

  1. That's some fun activity by Macdonalds!! I hope they have this program in Singapore too :)
    It'll be a good experience for kids.

    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Happy Mom's Day too. :)

    I hope the Marketing of McDonald's Singapore lurks in here to check this out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like she had a great time. I really like the mother bag she made.

    Happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CARIN: She had a wonderful time, that's correct. :) Thanks for the greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great way for learning the ins and outs of the working field!!

    For my photo hunt, my sweet cheeks and I are celebrating our 40 year wedding anniversary. Stop by for a piece of our wedding cake.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANNI, It's just like playing for these kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good experience and I love the bag your daughter painted for you. Happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is very fun activity indeed :D Happy mother's day.

    Mine in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun sounding program! It's fun to post whatever we like this week eh! Happy PH and have a great weekend! Happy Mother's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great opportunity! Good to see Macdonalds doing something useful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was very interesting! I have never seen a program like that here. I bet my daughter would love that, too!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn, that looks like such a wonderful program! I didn't know McDonald's did anything like that...very cool!

    Your daughter did an awesome job on that bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cool idea! Great shot. :) Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow--that brings back serious memories (hubby and I met while both working at McDonalds in highschool.) That is very cool that your daughter got to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a lot of fun and happy mom's day....

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun and wonderful opportunity to learn. Such a sweet project from your daughter.

    Happy Mother's Day to you Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first photo reminds me of my own photo but at burger king: http://kitchenmaus.blogspot.com/search?q=burger+king

    =D

    Happy photohunting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is truly a very good program and I'm glad that your kids are having fun while learning. A lot of parents tend to forget that aside from academics, kids also need to develop social skills through activities such as this while learning something new from the real world.

    Kudos to you and thanks for sharing those very nice pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great and fun learning experience for your daughter.
    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Wow, I didn't know McDonalds had something like that. Not a bad idea, letting the kids learn how their favourite fast food is made.

    Happy Mother's dAy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know McD has such a fun activity! I believe it's really a good experience for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for this post! i've been meaning to let my kids experience being a kiddie crew at mcdonalds.

    ReplyDelete