Sunday, June 1, 2008

What Happens in Vegas

I am hyper today that I seem to do everything simultaneously. I'm laughing at myself. I just feel happy and I have to acknowledge that. :D

While I'm at it I'd like to post about a movie hubby and I watched the other day, What Happens in Vegas. What's good about these kinds of rom-com is you don't expect anything sensible to happen. Like watching an Ai-ai delas Alas movie perhaps. Just go with the flow and laugh at anything that tickle your bones.

I like Ashton Kutcher (playing Jack Fuller) when he's funny. I don't watch his movies where he attempts to be serious like in The Butterfly Effect. It's just not him. Give the guy a break...nah...he's a comedian. Sometimes I see Jack Black in him. He's the better version, physically, of Jack Black. A million times better that is, lol. Sometimes too it appears that he apes Black's facial expression...or could be they have the same form of mouth such that they resemble each other when they make face. I digress.

Cameron Diaz (as Joy) is the girl in the movie. I like her too because she's funny and sexy. I liked her a lot in There's Something About Mary and My Best Friend's Wedding. As with all other romantic comedy movies, the leading actors have their trusted side kicks to throw punch lines with. Ashton's buddy is the correspondent from The Daily Show, Rob Corddry. He still carries the same sarcasm in this movie.

The movie's concept is inane which is common for comedies. Let it be that way. Two depressed individuals went to Vegas for some good time and they ended up being intimate and got married while under the influence of alcohol which of course they regretted the following day so they decided to get a divorce. While arguing in front of a slot machine, Jack absent-mindedly inserts the quarter and voila...hits the $3M jackpot. And the quarter belongs to Joy. And now the story unfolds.

They try to have some memorable lines but prepare to roll your eyes when you hear them. An example is this, "I'd rather do nothing than do something I am not happy about". Let's get real people. Find something then than will make you happy and don't just throw everything away. Ooops, didn't I say not to take anything here seriously?

There is nothing which will make you laugh after you have finished watching the movie. Enjoy it while each scene presents itself to you. And then forget about it. That won't be hard. Lol.

3 comments:

  1. My Best Friend's wedding is my fav! :) cameron diaz was great in it!

    btw, u've been tagged! http://agreatpleasure.blogspot.com/2008/05/zukukato-mirikika-and-her-7-favourite.html

    Hv a great sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JEAN, Thanks! I'll let you know if I've already posted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. most of the chick flicks i've seen with Ashton Kutcher have been at least halfway decent, A Lot Like Love is one example

    ReplyDelete