Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rockin' Giraffe

As I have shared here several times, my immediate family are all living in the U.S. for several years now. My parents visit us from time to time and they always give us a call. But still I miss them especially during the holidays when most families hold reunions or just a get-together welcoming the new year.

Thank God for phone cards, web cam and online shopping - eBay and Amazon. With our situation, these are best ways we can be in touch and at least feel warm hearing, seeing and appreciating each others words, virtual hugs and yes, the gifts. :)

If I may share, my mother is still not convinced about online shopping. She wants to feel, smell, scrutinize everything she sends us. But for me online shopping is very convenient. It's actually heaven sent. I save a lot of time since shipping will not be a concern. Amazon emails tracking records of the items until they reach recipients so customers like me are assured of the whereabouts of the products. So far all our transactions are good. You can rate the seller depending how satisfied you are with their product and their service.

I send them gifts through Amazon and my husband scout Ebay for personal items which are kind of obsolete in the market. Haha. Anyway, for this holiday I have started to browse Amazon again. Let me share what I have already sent for my favorite niece, a rocking yellow giraffe from Hasbro, which she plays with non-stop according to my mother.

Please share with us your Fab Holiday Finds. This is brought to you by Filipino Mom Blog.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn! I attempted shopping with Hasbro and Amazon once pero medyo nag alangan din ako. Does Amazon accept Paypal payments?

    Your niece is so lucky naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also having a hard time convincing myself to buy at an online store. Feel ko baka hindi i-deliver, or baka damaged pag dating sa bahay. But the giraffe is cute!

    My Fab Find is posted here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHATS, Unfortunately Amazon does not accept Paypal payments. Would you believe the main reason that made me acquire my own credit card is Amazon and shopping online? So far it's good. Basta pay in full on time. Ayos! :D

    Lucky talaga yan, haha.

    JENN, Amazon naman is trusted. Just check the seller or vendor before you purchase anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried online shopping yet. Medyo hesitant pa ako.

    That's a really cool gift you gave your niece. You're very thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm perpetually checking amazon for good buys but i've never tried to purchase anything. i always let my sister in the states do it for me. pero, i'm convinced..thanks to your rocking giraffe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choice of a gift. And your niece is so cute too! I use online shopping via Paypal when I can't be bothered with shipping a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love shopping via Amazon!!! :)

    and that's a nice giraffe toy. worth it dahil nagustuhan ng niece mo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ang cute ng giraffe pero mas cute si little girl. Enjoy siya sa gift mo Lynn and sulit ang pagpili nito :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the giraffe is so cute!
    We love Amazon, too. On Black Friday, we got Spiderman 1 & 2 for $1.99 each, plus Spiderman 3 for $5.99.

    ReplyDelete
  10. RACHEL, I miss my family I send them anything at all, even if they can buy it naman, as one of the ways of keeping in touch. :)

    COOKIE, Try it once and if it's good, you'll be addicted.

    AJAY, She is one cute baby! Want to hug her whenever I see her pictures.

    IBYANG, JULIE, Medyo hindi na s'ya kasya sa giraffe. :D

    ASIANMOMMY, I wish there's such a thing as "black friday" here. We have a lot of sale but not as low as that.

    ReplyDelete