Thursday, December 18, 2008

And I Thought This Will Be a Short List

My thankful thoughts at random.

I am thankful for my husband who just knows how to make me feel more relaxed. We are both tired when we reach home at night but he always gives me a massage while we rest our tired bodies on the couch. This is a routine every night. He knows that massaging my head while we watch our favorite show on television soothes me.

I am also thankful seeing how excited my daughter is going to school the past weeks. I am surprised but happy to share that she woke up by herself really early to prepare for school for two days now. She did not wake me up nor his daddy but helped herself freshen up and dress up. It's exam week and historically, she's all tired to wake up because of marathon reviewing the previous night. I appreciate my daughter's attitude now regarding waking up early for school. Just that this morning, she woke up way too early - before five in the morning. Eager beaver. :)

I am also thankful that our shop's caretaker was able to go to work during lunch time today. If not I would not have a choice but to be there to assist and take a leave from my work.

And while I am talking about my shop, my little business, I want to say thank you for the influx of customers everyday. Thank you for trusting our services.

I am thankful I did not let my mind be cluttered by suspicions. I don't want to go into details because it involves a former team member. Thinking about it, let me take what he said as it is. I told myself maybe it was his way of reaching out. I don't really know and I don't want to stretch it but at least we had a pretty decent conversation even if it was short. I had to run to a church activity.

I am thankful for getting to know more people at the church, getting more at ease with them. I am thankful for the casual conversations we have which help create a bond among us.

I am thankful for the package my mother sent us - her gifts for the holidays. My daughter was waiting for something included in that package. What are the odds, the package was delivered to us an hour or so after my daughter wondered aloud when it will arrive. She was really happy. And so am I.

I am thankful my daughter and I were able to pick a good pair of pants and shoes for her school party tomorrow. It was quite late. There were so many people but we were able to find right away what we both want for her. They all fit in just two tries.

I am thankful I was able to pull of a chicken soup when we get back home. The kitchen wasn't a mess.

I was thinking this post will be short. There were only about three things on my mind when I sat in front of my computer that I want to thank God for. But my fingers just went with the flow of my thoughts. It's not in the numbers, it's how thankful I feel for the little things that made me/makes me feel good through God's grace. It just goes to show that everyday, if we just try to be more appreciative, there are a lot to be thankful for. That leaves a good feeling. Winner, as we say it. :)

Reading what others are thankful about and why is inspiring. That is why I love clicking and reading other posts on being thankful hosted by Iris.

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet thankful post. Thank you so much for sharing with us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for sharing your grateful heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great list!

    I wish my hubby would start that routine with me!! He he...

    Blessings to you this TT♥

    ReplyDelete