Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Birthday Girl


It used to be that we hold a birthday party at school and prepare some celebration also at home. It's different now that Andrea, my dear, dear daughter, is ten years old. July 18, Friday - her grand day and so it is with us, her parents. It's our daughter's 10th birthday!

I was a bit surprise with what Andrea said out of the blue, "glad I'm now on a double digit age". And why is that if I may ask. "Because I'm close to being a teenager". And so if she's close to being a teenager? She just smiled sheepishly and said, "nagmamature na ako" ("I'm becoming more mature"). I laughed at that one but told her glad to know too she's maturing stressing on my point that it means she's getting wiser. But then again don't grow up so fast young miss. :)

Anyway, she has to attend school last Friday plus her extra curricular activity which is Scouting. She does not want to miss it. She left school around four in the afternoon, rest a little when she got home, took a shower and off we went to see High School Musical, The Ice Tour. We got the six o'clock show. We were a little early so we had our quick snack at Volare.

My birthday girl while waiting for our food.

We were at Araneta Coliseum a few minutes before the show started. A few clicks here and there before and during the show.


The show's fun as expected. The were no magical moves or spectacular effects but just swaying and clapping to the beat of the songs are good enough. Can't believe the kids are still enjoying this so much in spite of this being shown years and months ago (HS Musical 1 & 2). My daughter is now eagerly awaiting for High School Musical Ze Movie (The Movie, I mean).




Andrea was quite tired already after the show. I understand because she'd been up so early in the morning for school. Went home mid-afternoon with very little rest. We decided to go home instead and have dinner at home.

But suddenly, her eyes lit up seeing Odyssey, one of the popular music stores this side of the globe. We went inside and look at what got her going. Hanna Montana 2 mode on. It's the little miss' birthday, here's another gift from her abiding parents. She's at the counter paying for the CD.


Sleepy head once again after the purchase so we definitely headed home. This Hannah Montana has some persuasive magic that inside the car all the way from Araneta Center where we came from up to our house, she kept on singing with Miley Cyrus. Oh make it stop. Haha.


My daughter, she is the best thing that ever happened to me and my hubby! :)

15 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Birthday celebration. I heard about the HS Musical, The Ice Tour. It must have been fun to watch. It's great that you were allowed to bring a camera inside.

    I think it's nice that our children share the same birthday. Belated Happy Birthday to Andrea. Wishing her best of health and many more exciting years ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RACHEL, Professional camera and videos are not allowed. But as I see it, a lot of kids are taking a video of the show through their mobile phones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like quite a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. belated happy bday to your dear girl and it looks she had a blast of celebration.

    my entry today is also about my mom's bday yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Have a nice weekdays ahead... Hope you'll visit my corner too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...wonderful birthday you daughter had...

    Mine in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. all ur photos looks FUN. happy birthday to ur daughter.

    Visit me in here Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha..she's right about her getting close to teenage with the double digits! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your daughter is so georgous! and btw,CONGRATS!!you've been featured at WS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy birthday dear andrea!

    natawa ako dun sa naging usapan nyo. hay... nag-flashback tuloy ako when i was her age, i also couldn't wait to go 'double digit.'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you Andrea!! What a great way to celebrate a birthday. I'm sure she had the best time :D

    Naku, malapit ka na magka-teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, sorry, ako yung anonymous..I forgot to sign in :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for all the greetings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated birthday hugs to Andrea!

    Wow, we totally missed the HSM Ice Tour, huhuhu, though my kids naman did not kulit me on it. It slipped my mind, and July went by in a blur!

    Pareho sila ni Pat - excited mag teenage. Hay, our little girls aren't so little anymore :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. CHATS, correct ka dyan, Chats. Nagmamadali silang lumaki. :D

    ReplyDelete