Friday, July 18, 2008

Loot


Those who are in my age bracket, late 30s, most probably remember the very popular local retail fashion specialty store, Cinderella. It is still existing though not as popular when I was in my early teenage years. They carry Seventeen and Made in Heaven which were the brands my mother frequently bought for me and my sister. Then there's Rustanette too for our shoes most of the time. Not to mention Gregg shoes for the required black shoes in school. These are the tried and tested local brands which speaks of value for money.

Fast forward to my daughter's generation. She's in her pre-teens. As most mothers of girls (and probably boys) her age know, they have mastered their fashion. They know what bottom goes with what top. They know how to mix and match. They know how to experiment. They perfectly know the colors they want. Multi-media, thanks to you. And thanks to the mothers who are open about their children's sense of style. I am all for that but no emo or goth style please.

I do encourage my daughter to choose her own style, her own clothes. Lucky for me, generally, she knows what clothes will fit her. Of course I keep watch of the price tags and the durability. We compromise when there's a need to. And I impose when I have to. :D Nothing really extravagant.

One brand we both love is Orange Juice. This is a clothing store intended for girls aged seven to thirteen. During my time as a pre-teen, how many times have I heard my mother said it's hard to find clothes for me. It's that awkward stage when one is not too young but not too old. Go to the children's section and you'll find the styles are just too cute and there is no size anymore that would have the perfect fit. Head to the teen section and the sizes prove to be big. Adjustments are needed for a good fit.

So the most influential market these days, the pre-teens or the tweens, has got an ally on clothing stores like Orange Juice. The line up - shirts, pants, mall shoes, colorful tops. I love their fit for my daughter. Good quality as the colors do not fade, comfortable and strong fabric as they do not get deformed even after so many trips in and out of the washing machine.

I love it most when they are on sale. It's 50% off now. They have a value card which will entitle you to use their 10% discount card after completing the required purchase of clothes (or any item from the store). I am just wondering why their front liners do not seem to promote it. I was the second customer yesterday who inquired about its mechanics.

This is not a paid post. I just love the shop because it's there where I always have good finds for my dear daughter.

5 comments:

  1. you're so right, iba na ang clotheslines ngayon. my mom (and i) had the same problems when i was in my tweens. buti pa ngayon no, ang daming cool choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CESS, Ang daming choices. Even I gets confused where and what to buy for Andrea. Mommies need to be disciplined too in terms of buying things for the kids. And I digress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the big breakfast in Philippines at McD?..the rice sure got me startled. Here you got kinda biscuit bread and scramble eggs with beef patties + hashbrown. But seriously i prefer a kaya toast..hehehe

    Pearl - have a good weekend and happy hunting

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lovely ensemble. I bought a few clothes at Orange Juice for my nieces and god daughters. I love their fun designs.

    Belated Happy Birthday to Andrea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think the clotheslines these days are very interesting. they might as well have invented the word tweens.

    ReplyDelete