Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jumpstart Your Day


I went to church early Thursday morning last week because I needed to manage my schedule. I want to attend to everything I have to attend so I decided that instead of my usual church schedule in the evening, I might as well attend the morning service.

It felt so good, hearing good words so early in the morning which are really motivating just made my day. I made a vow to attend the early morning service every Thursday. I am a devout Iglesia ni Cristo and we have our worship service every Thursdays and Sundays. Early morning means waking up at half past four and being at the church at around five thirty. It's a struggle waking up that early but being at the church and hearing God's words is just so refreshing.

I am thankful I was able to live up to my promise this morning. I was early in fact. And what is so wonderful is hearing the words I needed to hear. It's just so right. It's like God talked to me through the minister's sharing. There are moments that frustration and apprehension get into me. But yes, I just have to trust in Him. I need not worry. I need to clear my mind of some clutter.

Sometimes we say we all know what we have to know. That as adults, what else do we not know? But I say good words sincerely shared never fail, words that touches one's heart no matter what your position in life is will always give a great jumpstart.

This morning's sharing is so apt also with the current global situation. With everything going up, the economy unstable, there is one thing people should not lose. That is Hope. Of course it's clear that what comes with hoping is hard work.

It's doing the right things and being hopeful, trusting and believing that God's grace is with us, which makes us strong, resilient and yes, happier beings.

Be filled with other thankful sharing at Sting My Heart. :)

10 comments:

  1. I always go for early morning service too. It's so refreshing to start Sundays that way.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the word of God is indeed comforting. i also feel refreshed and ready to take on challenges after taking in His word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good faith in God gives us the strength, courage and inspiration to face everyday life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen... Awesome post and I love to get up early to attend Church on a Thursday morning. I wish we had services here.

    God bless ;you this TT. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing and thank you for coming by my blog and offering some encouragement. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your last two lines, just doing the right thing and trusting that God's grace is with us. That sure gives us hope and energy to keep going doesn't it? I enjoyed reading your post and I enjoyed the pictures of things wrapped in the leaves before this post. Very interesting and pretty. I bet they are really tasty too. I love trying new cuisines. I really like "sweets." I would be willing to try something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, I love your dedicated heart to God. To being in HIS presence in Church---that is awesome!
    I am just getting around to reading the Thankful Thursdays...(It is Friday here--but I have been so very busy). I pray that your weekend is filled with the blessing of Christ!

    ReplyDelete