Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just What is That?


That's what I asked my husband after he ordered what is supposed to be McDonald's Big Breakfast offering. That is what you call big breakfast? I guess the R&D and Marketing team of McDonald's in this side of the planet thought that having rice side by side two eggs and a small hamburger patty will make it heavy hence the big breakfast tag. Filipinos after all love rice.

Rice is heavy alright but I was thinking more of providing several choices to live up to its name. Put some sausage, hash brown and the like. But I believe it's a matter of pricing strategy too. Their competitor's big breakfast is a little over P100 (roughly 2.5USD) while this one is around P75 (1.5USD).

Anyway, McDonald's is alright but we are gradually eliminating fast food. My hubby consumed this breakfast, not me, as I already had mine before leaving our house. Let oats, cereals and fruits be our partner in our waking hours. I want to go cold turkey with this. I have no issue with my daughter as she loves fruits and oats. I'm monitoring my husband's progress with his diet. He's cooperating so far. :)

Let's take a look and be amazed at what others have posted in today's photo hunt theme, What is That? (My comment cannot seem go through tnchick's site.)

24 comments:

  1. Hhmm...interesting to see macs serving rice during breakfast :P
    But isn't that a bit dry?
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAPABOANIYA, I find it really dry and not to be called big breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LESLIE, I just find their pancakes too thin and dry too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe... good for you and your family! Fast foods should not just be about the price or the taste, they got to step it up by offering healthier choices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks big, but it feels kind of lonely for me... tama ka, iba pa rin ang breakfast we prepared ourselves. i serve oats too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to say that's a healthier looking breakfast than I imagine McDonalds elsewhere around the world serve. Still, no greens though... ;(

    ReplyDelete
  7. PHILOS, I agree with you. They should be developing something healthy.

    CESS, that's the word, lonely. Plain, bland.

    YTSL, Go green like KFC did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't look like a big breakfast at all. I agree, it would be nice if something is added to it like hash browns. I love hash browns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I can finish all that in a jiffy...but only if I need to.

    Anyway, I prefer home made and naturally prepared food than what we get in food chain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree fast food are not healthy as they full of preservatives.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breakfast with rice huh... kinda weird. Sounds like a 'nasi lemak' that we normally have here, but without 'sambal', anchovies, cucumber... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my comment didnt go thru to on tnchick's blog :( btw i think it is a heavy meal for one person. imagine TWO eggs n rice and the patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is that a breakfast or not? Love the food. Hungry me now. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love the Egg McMuffin. Julian can eat two of those sandwiches in one sitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a new one on me seeing rice with breakfast. Good take on the theme. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The sausage looks good right now, to me!!

    My 'what is that' is a sequence of photos to then, at the last one, revealing what it all is. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think the comments are broken on TNChick's site, mine didn't go through either!

    I can't imagine eating rice for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rice for big breakfast?! That's really localized. I think some chili is missing? :P

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very interesting..you'd never see rice at McDonald's here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love rice ... but for breakfast?!

    I played too :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ick. That looks kind of yucky. I don't blame you for going cold turkey on fast food...

    ReplyDelete
  22. what i order from their bfast menu is egg mcmuffin or pancake <3

    ReplyDelete