Saturday, November 15, 2008

Mood Swings


As I have shared here a few months back, my daughter participated in the McDonald's Kiddie Crew program as part of her summer activity. The culminating program was a gathering of all kids who participated as kiddie staff. My daughter was really excited on the way to the venue. She was all smiles as she lined up and get to know her team mates.


The kids were on the line for about an hour already since we arrive. I was wondering what was taking the organizers so long to start the games. My daughter was still smiling which is a good sign. It was a bit surprising since she does not like to be in a large crowd like this.


Another hour has passed and my daughter was not in anyway motivated anymore. She got upset with all the waiting plus the fact that the weather was so humid.


Uh-oh, she was definitely not smiling anymore. Her jolly mood got totally ruined.


So after the program we dropped by her favorite game station, Time Zone, to cool down. And she played to her heart's content. :) I hope next time McDonald's will have better logistics.

You may check other entries of photo hunters here. My other entry on 'ruin(ed)' is at Everything and then Some.... Hope to see you there too. Thank you. :)

15 comments:

  1. Well I don't blame her. My mood would have been ruined long before that! Nice series for the theme. :-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was tough on your daughter and tough on all those children involved! Definitely a ruined expectation which hurts parents when children are hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we all know about unaccountable mood swings with the kids - but she had every right with her day ruined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like how you built up the story with photos...

    that is frustrating and will definitely ruin one's mood! it's unfortunate that Mcdonald's did so poorly in planning this event, to think they have "Team Motivation" as a theme!! sure wont get motivated after that ordeal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RJ FLAMINGO, Thanks.

    GREYSCALE, You said it.

    AILENI, I got really impatient too.

    JIENTJE, Given the situation, she was.

    EAM, I hope there will be improvements the next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor thing - I would not have been in a good mood neither if I had to wait there.

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How disappointing!

    Pero in fairness, mahaba ang patience ni A :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, making kids wait for over 2 hours?! NOT very motivating, wow. Talk about irony! lol!

    Your daughter is so patient! I would have been frowning, maybe even steaming!

    I did Photo Hunt today, too. I hope you get a chance to visit and leave your link!
    http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-ruined/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand her change of mood. I would have felt the same if I had to wait that long for the program to start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. tsk, i hope mcdo will do better next time. oo nga, in fairness mataas ang eq ng anak mo ha. mauuna pa akong magka-topak sa kanya hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh oh! Great thinking by stepping in and taking over changing her mood, Mom. :)
    Nice shots and great take on the theme. My Ruined

    ReplyDelete
  12. i would be very upset about it too... but glad that she get over it so quick:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the theme. I was happy to see her smiling again at the end! Thanks for visiting mine and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She did well to last that long! Although the event was ruined for her, I'm glad you managed to rescue her day!

    ReplyDelete