Friday, November 7, 2008

Getting More Interesting

It has been really interesting. The campaign, the day the votes were cast, the historic night John McCain delivered a beautiful concession speech and the defining moment of Barack Obama, the US and perhaps the world. And it's getting more exciting (and hopefully, better).

The moment Michelle Obama walked up the stage, I sensed there is going to be a lot of talk about her dress. Hours after that momentous night, blogs all over the world gave their two cents on her red and black attire. I did not find it fabulous and I did not mind it at all. I was focused on her gait, her confident stance and her wonderful smile.

I love it that she is one accomplished woman who is an advocate of work-life balance and mentions that her number one role will still be mom-in-chief who is never going to miss a daughter's ballet recital. Hurray for that! Behind every success of a man is a quintessential woman. And vice versa (so as not to be accused of being a sexist).

Watching over at CNN, the appointed Chief of Staff, Rahm Emanuel, caught my interest when he was described as the exact opposite of the charismatic, genteel Barack Obama. I just have to do some research about the man. He impressed me as someone like a character straight from a political drama aired on cable - like everyone's "frenemy".

I was not disappointed reading about Rahmbo...The Five Most Infamous Rahm Emanuel Moments. Read on. My favorite? Knifing the dinner table. Robert De Niro as Al Capone in Untouchables crossed my mind. The world will be getting to know more about this man I believe.

**Picture of the Obama Family lifted here, Pres. Obama and Rep. Rahm Emanuel, here.

No comments:

Post a Comment