Friday, November 21, 2008

Belated Happy Birthday Post

This is my first time to participate in Photo Story Friday. I would love to share my pictures taken during my husband's birthday a few weeks ago. This is a long over due post.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


There is no big celebration except that I prepared his favorite, or our favorite, seafood jambalaya. Normally we just order this from a restaurant. That was the first time I prepared one. So glad it was good. No left over.


I love cakes so it's a staple in any occasion (or even when there's no occasion) in our home. I'm not that adventurous though. I only have what I got used to having - chocolate or mocha. Boring I know. But husband thought of having Smores instead. It has caramel topping and chocolate everywhere. I did not complain. It was good. :)


We had dinner the night before his birthday at Fish and Co. There is not much people at this side of the dining area. I love the warm light and the wooden finish which dominates the restaurant.


I love their Marsala Pizza specifically the crust. It's croissant crust if I'm not mistaken. It does get messy sometimes but every bite is worth it. I'm an onion lover so the generous onion topping is a big plus for me.


My husband is a pasta lover so the best choice for him was fettucine in creamy mushroom sauce. Hmmm, love it too.


As always, my daughter had her chicken tenders with fries with a teeny weeny cupcake as dessert.


A belated birthday greeting post to Daddy! From me and our not-so-little-girl-anymore. :)

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great birthday celebration! Glad you played today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great, and I'm with you: Gimme cake any time, anywhere.
    Glad you participated this week, I hope you come back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LORI, It was simply fun. :)

    CHRIS, I am enjoying doing the rounds so far. I'll be a frequent participant of PSF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...... I have not eaten yet as it is early morning. Your photos make me feel very hungry!
    Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to ur hubby. wow...the foods looks delious

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect day! YUM. O. And the shots are beautiful, so crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. belated happy birthday to your hubby. more birthdays to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really does sound like a great birthday celebration! :)
    The food looks sumptuous and its making me drool though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday to your hubby. That homemade seafood jambalaya looks really appetizing. It's nice that he had a double celebration; one at home and another one at the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gastronomic birthday celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my all of that looks fabulous. Happy belated birthday to your hubby.

    My metal for this week is up also.

    http://shinade.blogspot.com/2008/11/photohunt-7-metal-and-harriet.html

    I hope you can visit.

    Happy weekend:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your hubby! The cake looks yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a wonderful meal and a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete