Sunday, November 16, 2008

An Antidote to My Grumpy Stomach

I was a little indisposed this afternoon. I was a regular visitor of the wash room in a span of an hour I think, get the picture? It must be something I ate, maybe the dried fish left at the refrigerator for more than a week now which served as my breakfast. I remember I had a tooth infection about three years ago. The suspect was the toothbrush left in the refrigerator with the cap slightly open. Yes there's a designated area in my ref for our toothbrush. We got used to having our toothbrush at least 35-40 degrees F. The ref is clean, everything in order so who would think there could be something in there that could have infected my toothbrush which had caused mild irritation on my tooth.

Anyway, I just stayed in our room for the rest of the afternoon. I channel surfed like there's no tomorrow while lying on bed and occasionally checking on my daughter while she's surfing the net - mostly meez.com and exploring further windows movie maker.

Ironically, lying down on the bed with a grumpy stomach gave me quite a good feeling. It felt great rubbing my legs on the smooth bed sheet. Soothing. I was able to rest. Admittedly, I do not really rest even on weekends. There are a lot of things I want to do, need to do, things I cannot do on weekdays because of work. It's a nice feeling after all to just have a laid back day. Sometimes a small glitch is needed to make one realize a full day's rest actually feels great and does not mean you are doing nothing and just being lazy. No guilt feelings, just letting the hours go by, savoring each moment.

Channel surfing, I had the privilege to nitpick most of the shows I have encountered - mostly local. We do not watch noon time shows. I stopped watching them even if I could on Saturdays. I tried but my golly, Wowowee is too much to my ears. The hosts shout, it's ear splitting and more than that, the content of the show is something that needs a lot to work on, capitalizing on poverty. This is debatable and I do no want to discuss further right now. I watch ASAP though sometimes. I enjoy their production numbers.

This family rarely watch GMA 7. I don't know how my husband did it but the remote control of our television inside our room skips GMA 7 channel. I did not bother to ask nor did I checked it myself. I have to manually press the channel so it would appear. That's how much he abhors the network. He hates it that the network brag so much but has very poor production numbers and cannot even provide a decent remote coverage. For me, it's most of their artists, they do not have the aura of a celebrity. The network should learn how to better package their actors.

Anyway, this was the first time I had a peek of this game show. So the dancing girls are still in business...and still do the same choreography and "awww" thing. This was what they have been doing since their day one in show business. And how many years have passed? And my lord. A lot of kids are in the audience. Sure a game show should have all the fun fare they could have, but girls in skimpy clothes wriggling all the way? Come on, we can do better than that.

I watched the gossip shows from the two rivaling channels. Same old, same old. Everything is on pep.ph. Marian Rivera pala is beautiful (though not my kind of pretty) and always smiling but seems to be greatly lacking in personality. And Dingdong Dantes was in purple top and pink belt. Lol. Statement? If I'd join the Ponds date promo, I'd go for Piolo Pascual.

See what a grumpy stomach can do to me. I was back to my regular programming as the afternoon pushed forward and as I was feeling better. Good thing there was The Daily Show on CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment