Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm At a Lost


Yes I am. What should it be this time?

Like what I have shared at the start of this year, I go nuts with planners and notebooks. I collect them. I have loads of them. Fully Booked and Power Books earn substantially from yours truly because of this compulsion to collect them. There's always one every year which I use as my journal - not really a diary - more like when a thought enters my mind and I don't want to lose it, especially if I have suddenly uttered a nice quote, I pull out my notebook and jot it down.

I also shared that I am a schedule freak. Never mind that I have a Treo which acts as my PDA, I need to have my planner! I should be planting trees in exchange of all the paper in my possession. I need to have a calendar on my desk. I need to have my trusty planner always within my reach. Ha! I feel naked without them.

But now, I don't know what planner I should use for 2009. Next year, as how it is yearly, will be loaded with meetings, plannings, client meet-ups and to-do lists, both personal and professional. After all these years I have learned that I should have a planner that provides a lot of writing space. My planner and my calendar are both full of post-it in different colors to accommodate all the schedules and everything else I need to put in together. The color coding is aligned with the calendar in my Treo - personal, work, school, church, etcetera, etcetera.

One thing's for sure, I have no intention of purchasing the Starbucks planner but the pen looks nice. I sort of got tired of it. Or should I just use the company planner. Or should I use Belle de Jour again. I used it this year but was not able to use any of the discount coupons.

BDJ sent an email a couple of weeks ago to everybody in their list showing their 2009 planner. I did not read much but tonight while at Power Books, I saw the BDJ 2009 Power Planner. Hmmm, looks good. More discounts. I'm still undecided though if I'll buy it.

I want something inspirational. I fancied buying The Power of Now planner but since the book did not make me feel what it is trying to espouse, that is definitely out of my list. I checked out a planner which contains Toltec teachings. Hmmm, nope, I don't like the design. I want a planner from The Secret but they don't have it.

My quest is still on for my perfect 2009 planner. I just might decide on a Bible planner. Nothing fancy but something that will really inspire me. That should make me reflect everyday and who knows, might make me more patient.

Hey, everyone has their obsessions. I'm entitled to my own. :)

2 comments:

  1. hi lynn. ako rin, i like planners, but i prefer the big ol'planners that are usually given as christmas freebies by banks, hahaha! i tend to write a lot of stuff kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CESS, Normally those big planners from hubby's suppliers, clients and banks find their way to my husband's desk at his office at home. :)

    ReplyDelete