Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dear Heart

I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon when I chanced upon a scene with a very young Sharon Cuneta. I stopped clicking the remote control to see what movie could this be. Next scene showed yet again a very young Gabby Concepcion. I decided to watch it. After a few scenes I realized it was their first movie together, Dear Heart.

Boy, it was a trip down memory lane. I think the movie was around 1981 when I was in second year high school. Technically I was just supposed to be in 6th grade but I studied early. Anyway, there was a scene where Gabby paid for their snack - 2 burgers with 2 soda in can. It costs P12.00! These days value meal starts at around P35 pesos. That's how old this movie is. As old as some buildings in Cubao, Edsa I guess.

Sharon's "malling" scenes were shot mostly at Greenhills. A lot were taken at the famous Shoppesville. My high school friends and I frequent this place as well as Ali Mall in Cubao. Shoppesville is a teenager's haven back then. There's Gift Gate, Regina's (bags, apparel, and the like), Tickles (a novelty shop), Chocful O' Nuts (snack bar) and of course, Le Ching, home of my favorite spareribs! Vira Mall, Shoppesville......the land of Sperry Top Siders, argyle socks, espadrilles, Hanes, Levis' - these were the cool items during that time. The good old days.

One cannot turn back the hands of time. Reminiscing is both fun and sad. I'm glad to have great memories of my younger years. High school is one of the best years of my life. Right now I'd like to go back in time and be in high school once again. The first crush (well first intense crush, my first crush was actually when I was in fifth grade), first boyfriend and first love. My friends for life I earned when I was in high school. First dance, first party, first camping...a lot of firsts. I suddenly found myself browsing through our school's website. Memories, memories.

To be young and carefree. I miss that.

I was not able to finish the movie because I had an errand middle of it. But I was glad to have traveled back in time even for a few minutes. All I can say is I love my life, then and now.

**********
Mood: Nostalgic.
Music: Big Girls Don't Cry, Fergie

4 comments:

  1. I watched that too before. Me pagka-Sharonian ako nung araw, bwahahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. JULIE, So ngayon KCnians na tayo? Hahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naku, closet Sharonian ako... Til now! bwahahaha!

    I enjoyed high school most too. My happiest years...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that movie. I've seen it a few times.

    I remember the time when Sperry top siders and espadrilles were the in thing. I asked my parents to give me Sperry Top Siders for Christmas. I was thrilled when I got my first pair. They also gave me blue espadrilles.

    It's fun to reminisce.

    ReplyDelete