Friday, January 2, 2009

Of Blogging Pursuits

What do you know. Thank you for this wonderful thought, even if I was able to check it out a year later. That speaks a lot of how much I go around the blog land.

A very inspiring and positive post for 2008. Encourages a 'Pay it forward' attitude and an attitude of gratitude.

Big Hello, Warm Welcome was first posted a year ago in my first blog, Everything and then Some..... which now holds adverts and memes which are not family related.

I just discovered the nice thought this morning. I clicked the link where visitors come from in my stat counter and it landed on a stumble upon entry of babyamore.

My other blog, Beyond Fried Eggs, got an invite also yesterday to be a part of one of the programs of a food site. The guidelines will be emailed to me and I'll see how it works. I am just glad of notes of appreciations like what I have mentioned.

Even before the year ends, I was thinking of taking my blogging more seriously. Put more thought to it. Get a my own domain and have a decent layout. I have specific plans as to how I can integrate all my blogs into one. I just don't know if it's workable. I have to consult a good web designer. And if it's workable, how much will it cost. All these will come in due time.

I love blogging as this is one of my activities which I consider my ME moment. A lot of times though, work both at home and at the office plus my other agenda in life get so demanding that I cannot post as much as I want to. But that's alright. There is no pressure to post.

I am thinking of compartmentalizing my blogs. Compartmentalize, this is a favorite word for me and my colleague. When work gets too heavy and too hectic, we tell each other, we have to compartmentalize to avoid a clutter of activities, to be more organized and systematic.

I have started applying that in blogging but a lot of work needs to be done. I am taking the extra free time while I'm still on a holiday vacation on completing other blogs which will hold other topics I want to write about. How can I take care of all of them when my hands are full already from work and mommy duties? I always say this when I want something done, "kapag gusto may paraan, kapag ayaw maraming dahilan". It's a Filipino saying which roughly means if one wants something done so passionately, it gets done come hell or high water. But if one's heart is not really into it, one finds a million and one reasons not to do it.

Cheers to my online pursuits! May all these go in harmony with my mommy duties, my day jobs and all my other pursuits, worldly and otherwise. :)

2 comments:

  1. That would be cool to put your blogs together. Good luck with your web project. Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ASIANMOMMY, I certainly hope I can do that. :)

    ReplyDelete