Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Bonding

The husband has work on Sundays so it's usually just me and my daughter who go out and bond. After church today we went to the mall for our lunch and did some groceries and a little shopping. I bought her a camera case and a tote bag which she will use on their class' field trip next week.

This is just so ordinary but I really look forward to weekends when we can just be with each other whether at home, the mall, a recreation park, hotel, movies, bookstore, tiangge, salon - wherever as long as we are happy with what we are doing together. I cherish times like these with my family. Simple events (or in this case, non-event) like these make it great to look back when all these are just memories.

This was how it was with my family then. It really makes me feel good looking back at my childhood - visiting my aunt's house and walking a kilometer or so to get a ride. There was not much public transport back then in Diliman, Quezon City. We also go to Luneta Park for some picnic. We go to C.O.D. in Cubao during the holidays to watch the show in front of the department store. Yes, that was how simple our life was. But it still makes me smile when I remember those times. Simple joys and yet they keep me happy until now.

Anyway, back to the present time.

Again, it was T.G.I.Friday's. I have mentioned countless times this is my daughter's favorite restaurant. She said she likes the ambiance. Ambiance, yes, from a twelve year old. When I was twelve I only know about SM Foodcourt and Jollibee. She said she likes the wall decorations with old mementos just like a museum.

I like their tacos in spinach and cheese dip. Yummy dip!

This is already good for two, about P245.

My daughter, as usual, had her chicken fingers with fries and honey mustard dressing.

Chicken Fingers, P295

And as usual too, I had my favorite from TGIF, cajun shrimp and chicken pasta. This is really good, must try!

In creamy spicy sauce, P335 for regular plate

And lookie here, part of our groceries include our healthy binge. I did not bother to include the rest outside the green basket. They are indulgences we should be doing without. Haha.

Since I had pasta for lunch, I made sure I will eat light for my next meals for the day. I thought of papaya and toasted wheat crackers.

Don't we all wish it's always a weekend? Or any day just spent with the family doing mundane things which make you simply happy.

2 comments:

  1. oh yeah! i remember the shows in COD every Christmas time, with Santa Claus and the elves, lol! And don't forget the giant Christmas tree in Araneta Center, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, the giant Xmas tree. It's still there every Dec and the lights are more high tech no?

    ReplyDelete