Friday, January 7, 2011

My Favorite New Year's Eve Delights

I tried a different menu for the NY's Eve. Nothing really grand but I did away with        the usual food we prepare year in and year out. And the best part was just having enough serving. Yes, the food still lasted for three or four days but at least not a week like the past years. Haha.

Anyway, my top three favorites for the night were 1.) the chocolate cake from Mary Grace, 2.) Seafood Pasta, 3.) Shrimp and Ham Jambalaya.

I would have preferred the cake to have the caramel drizzle all over but the staff said we should have pre-ordered the cake with the drizzle. Now I know. My husband had to go back for the cake after an hour because they ran out of it and the delivery was scheduled at lunch time. Well, I can't allow not to have this cake for NY's Eve.


By the way, I'm the only cake lover in our house so we still have more than 1/4 of the cake. How do you measure that, more than 1/4 but less than 1/3.

Next was the jambalaya. I sourced the net for this. Yummy! We all love this. I love the smoked sausage and the shrimp which I added so generously. That's one thing we have in common with my family - shrimps. I was tempted to hide shelled shrimps underneath for my own consumption. Lol.


I saw the recipe for this seafood pasta from one of my networks over at Facebook. It was a link from Nestle actually. Squid rings, fish fillet, shrimp, shiitake mushroom, light cream, bacon bits. Instead of penne I used the wheat pasta which my mom sent me. I saved a few pesos and had a healthier serving. :)


Oh yes, I didn't bother to take off the plastic wraps before I took pictures. :D

New Year celebration is one my favorite times of the year. It's now back to the daily grind for me as well as the no-rice meal diet. Glad to note I did not gain much weight during the holidays...well, 2 lbs. And from 117 lbs, my target is to hit 112 lbs until the second week of February. May the force be with me.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

***More food sharing at Picture Clusters and Food Trip Friday.

15 comments:

  1. OMG I love the choc cake, the jambalaya and the pasta too, all my fave food, YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm almost afraid to check my weight after the holidays. then i started to exercise again by Jan. 3rd *pats my back*. :p

    your media noche foods are mouth-watering. we're all shrimp lovers, too, at home. and like you, we still have leftovers in the fridge.:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. seafood treats! yummy....!!!
    Happy New Year to you and to your family, Lynn! :)

    ps. congratulations on your journey towards a healthier you!!!
    ...and yup, i believe that caldereta was one of the dishes served during our stay at Balay Indang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. would love to try that giant shrimp recipe, look scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are a family of shrimpheads and chocolate lovers too! :D I love how you presented your dishes and the icing on the cake...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How envious!Ako naman gained weight,foods plus beer di ko naurungan!Another chocolate lover here--magkakasundo tayo dyan^_^

    Happy 2011 to you and your family!

    Food Trip Friday

    ReplyDelete
  7. so many celebrations, so many food...one tummy cannot store them all:)))

    i so love cakes and pastries but i was so drooling at ur shrimp recipe.

    my ftfhttp://iamclarizze.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/ftf-sushi/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Seafood pasta is a sure winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my...i love that shrimps....looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the cake is definitely mouth-watering; i love shrimps!
    Noobfoodie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm cakes like it...Happy FTF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pls to share seafood jambalaya recipe, ktnxbai.

    I looooove shrimps too kasi! And this one looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete