Friday, May 29, 2009

No Pictures Please

My daughter had her first haircut when she turned one at Kids Hair Salon, Galleria. Since then we go to our salon appointments together except when it will take me a longer time for my hair relaxing and coloring. We often take pictures of each other during our beauty sessions. But that was when she was younger.

At ten going eleven, she does not want me taking pictures of her while her hair's being done. Suplada na. She is entitled to her privacy. Fine. This mommy will not argue.

Do you see the mamarazzi in the mirror? :)


Here's our latest salon trip. I can't get anywhere near her for some pictures. My daughter is growing up fast.


When she is with her friends and cousins, they take pictures of each other like there is no tomorrow. But she feels awkward when I do that with her. She gets embarrassed.

I have been reading online articles about tweens. We all have passed that stage. We know attitudes develop, a different way of thinking of our tweens suddenly surprise us. We know all these will happen. It's different though when you are already the mother dealing with your child. Sometimes it stresses me out. But most of the time, I am a cool mom.

It is said that tweens need to test their independence. They act as adults sometimes but revert to their childish ways for most of the time. The changes they experience physically, emotionally and mentally are all parts of growing up. Mothers like me are just standing closely behind, far behind, hiding somewhere but still looking - willing and able to understand and support the changes that come with the transition as our children reach the different milestones in their lives.

***More sharing of mommy moments at Mommy Journey.

9 comments:

  1. it's cute, calling yourself mamarazzi, hehe. my daughter is somewhat like your princess, she doesn't want to be photographed alone in public, marunong ng mahiya unlike when she's younger. Nice post Mommy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mamarazzi, lol! reminds me of my teenage years. I love the taking pictures of each other bit. Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how it will be when my son reaches your daughter's age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post reminds me to take on the chance of getting more pictures of my son (hanggat pumapayag pa sya!)...kids nowadays are entirely different than we were before...they know what they want and they have their way of getting it...

    hay, kung pede lang na wag na silang lumaki...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think when Joaqui becomes a tween, I will be a mommyrazzi ; ) Thanks for visiting my MM. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAMI, Thanks Yami. I love taking pictures even before my blogging days. So just imagine how mamarazzi I am now. :D

    HAZEL, kids today, even those in pre-teens, love taking pictures of themselves. Haha.

    TETCHA, I'm not sure how different it will be when that time comes since that will be four or five years from now. But basically, tweens and teens' attitudes are kind of fluctuating. You'll see. :)

    ANNAVILLE, I used to hear that from my parents, "sana hindi pa lumaki ang mga anak ko". Now, I'm the one saying it. Kids grow up really fast.

    JENG, I bet you will.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this with us.. i really learn from mommy who have kids bigger than mine.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ako din, when I was that age ayokong magpapicture sa public...I'm embarassed when people started looking at me..he..he..enjoy ako sa term mo na mamarrazi...he..he...

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a kewl mom :D

    I am wondering if my daughter will have the same attitude when she enters her puberty age.

    And yes, my daughter's hair is thicker now than last year :D but not that long yet.

    Thank you so much for your visit.
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete