Saturday, May 16, 2009

Face Painting

Most kiddie parties have a stand-by artist for the kids' face painting spree. Kids love this. They think of the designs themselves and just tell the artist what to put on their cheeks or their hands.

This was taken during my nephew's seventh' birthday. My daughter chose a red butterfly design.

This was done in about ten minutes and lasted till the night. It will still be on her face the following day I guess but she needs to take it off before sleeping.


The finished product. My daughter loved her red butterfly face paint.


Her cousin preferred to have flowers all over her cheek. It's pretty too.


This was taken at Club Princess where my daughter and her friend had their arms painted with flower and a red lip giving a good pout. Spot the doting dads! Haha.


Face painting is a fun activity for the kids, both boys and girls. Here are some tips for a safe face painting from the various websites I read. I refresh myself of what could be possible allergens whenever my daughter will have a face painting activity.

1. Please make sure the face paints are non-toxic.
2. You can have a patch test first for your child to see if there will be any reaction on her skin.
3. Do not paint any area with open wounds.
4. Do not use craft glitters or sequins as they are sharp and can injure skin.
5. Ideally, brushes used for face painting should be cleansed and sanitize after use per child.
6. Wash face thoroughly with warm water and soap. As for me I remove my child's face paint using my hypoallergenic make-up remover before she freshen up thoroughly.

Enjoy your face painting. What's your favorite face paint? Me, I like yellow stars on my cheek.

***More painted pictures at Photo Hunt.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute...
    Mine's up, too
    http://sandyben.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty butterfly, I did see the dads, teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These girls are cute....:) Nice painting entry.

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable shots of the children. Face painting is so much fun. My daughter used to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Happy weekend. mine's up too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my face painted for the first time last week!

    Thanks for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so cute with their pretty designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What adorable girls... yes, the face painting booth is always a hit at the school carnival. Mine is up here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Face painting is always soo fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Face painting is such a fun activity in kiddie parties. Even adults enjoy it too.

    I spotted the dads in the mirror. :)

    ReplyDelete