Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kris Allen - Come Together

News the past weeks revolve around these four:

1. Swine flu
2. Manny Pacquiao-Ricky Hatton fight
3. Korina-Mar marriage proposal on national television
4. Juday and Ryan's surprise wedding

I sure am looking forward to mid-week when American Idol is shown in this part of the globe. It's a welcome break from all the news that are hugging the headlines. One of them made a lot of eyebrows shoot to high heavens. One made me appreciate the skill and talent of a great boxer. One I find really sweet. And the other is making me worried.

Wednesday and Thursday nights find me and my daughter sitting side by side our couch as we watch American Idol. Good thing there are replays at night. It's a guilty pleasure. My daughter roots for Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. When Anoop Desai left, my support shifted to Kris Allen and Allison Iraheta. Kris Allen though is tops for me among the four contenders. His talent shines as weeks go by, his confidence building up. I made a shoutout for him in his Twitter. How's that?

It's Rock and Roll week with The Slash as their mentor. Guns N' Roses is one of the bands I followed when I was in college. Kris did one of my favorite Beatles' songs, Come Together. But I love the version of Aerosmith more. :)

Back to Kris Allen. His performance was not one for the books but he did fine. I love the part where he slowed down and clapped with the audience clapping too. Cool. I hope he gets the votes. America, please vote for Kris Allen!

I'll upload the studio recording of this once available.

2 comments:

  1. i like Kris Allen too. Not only because he sings quite well but also because he seems kind and gentleman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers that Kris will be in the top 2! :D

    ReplyDelete