Sunday, May 17, 2009

iBlog

I have been blogging for more than two years already but last Saturday, May 9, was the first time I attended the Philippine Blogging Summit. They are on their 5th year this 2009. I want to experience how they conduct sessions, see how it will be helpful in my various blogging pursuits. I am all the more encouraged to attend because I will be with my mommy blogger friends.

I want to discuss lengthily my take on what I have seen and heard from the speakers on my succeeding posts. I attended mid-way of the afternoon session. The sharing on problogging and evolution of bloggers were quite interesting. The whole concept is not really new to some of the attendees including me but the insights of the last two speakers were noteworthy.

My two cents, there is no hard and fast rule in blogging in terms of how you want to brand your blog or how you want to evolve as a blogger (if you want that at all). The owner is the brand if I may say that. It's hard work, yes, especially if you intend to maximize your blog's earning potential.

Will a blogging summit be complete without picture taking? Of course not. Thanks to Jane for letting me use our group picture.

Chats, Noemi, Dine, Jane, Julie, Me, Cookie, Salen

This picture of my fellow mommy bloggers is a nice segue to greet all the wonderful moms out there a belated Happy Mother's Day! And yes, my mother's day post will also follow and a gazillion more posts waiting to be keyed in. Not that millions of readers are waiting. I am actually talking to myself. Online activities take a back seat when schedule gets really hectic.

In the mean time, let me also share my contribution for the maiden issue of wmn.ph, Cool Party Ideas for Kids. The interactive e-zine, an affiliate of GMA 7, one of the leading media broadcasting company in the Philippines, is still in beta but help yourself, browse, read, and have fun exploring the site.


wmn.ph give you various topics day to day: fashion and style on Fashionable Mondays, all about relationships on Love a Lot Tuesdays, health and fitness tips on Wellness Wednesdays, money matters on Treat Yourself Thursdays, celebrations on Live it Up Fridays, home and leisure on Chill Out Weekends.

Enjoy the week ahead!

***More snapshots at WS.

17 comments:

  1. I have never been to any blogging EB or gatherings. I just started in Jan this year and I have already "met" a few. I've seen a few familiar names and faces. Thanks for the photo. What a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that look sure is fun! hopefully maka attend din ako in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been to a blogging summit before. It looks like fun. Maybe next year, I could attend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. Great shot of the bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like fun! Keep on blogging, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there is a blogging summit over there. Cool...

    ReplyDelete
  7. too bad i had work that day. i'd have attended the iblog as well, but oh well, work is work. glad you had fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a good story to share and nice snapshot of it too. i wish there was one like that here. have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uy,sana maka-attend din ako ng ganyan.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting event. Amazing power of blogging to connect so may people together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A blogging submit! That's interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! sana maka-join din ako sa mga gatherings na ganyan and meet our fellows bloggers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Syempre di kumpleto kung walang photo op.

    Till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Uy me ganyan pala, ang saya siguro.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow ang sayasaya ninyo. Sana meron ding mga gatherings ng mommy bloggers over here. :)

    Thank you for the visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you all for visiting. :)

    The blogging event was all the more fun because I was with my friends I've met about two years ago through the internet. We meet up from time to time, all seven of us (three are not in the picture), mommies of the Filipino Mom Blog and all other mommies whose company we enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mukhang masaya..I've never been to one..

    ReplyDelete