Monday, April 27, 2009

Something About Books


I got the advise from Wifely Steps about her blog post on books through her plurk. I checked her blog about it and it made me excited to post about my book preference too. Here it goes.

1. What books are you currently reading?
I am still on Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. I am rereading some parts. I would like to give my thoughts about what the book espouses in my succeeding posts.

2. What books are on your to-be-read list?
Oh, a lot! But I will start on Pillars of the Earth. This book was given to me by a colleague years ago. One of my friends had been nudging me to read this as this is one of her favorite books. She said I won't be able to put down the book once I started on it. We will see. :)

3. What book/s would you recommend?
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger.

4. What book made you fall in love with reading?
I love books since I was five. I remember borrowing my cousin's books for her English class when she was in fifth grade. I still remember the title, More Stories on Parade. That started my love affair with books.

5. Do you have a book collection you’re proud of? Tell us about it!
I have a lot of books written by Haruki Murakami. I love the way he writes. I walk through each page as if I am a character in his stories. My favorite among his works is The Wind-up Bird Chronicle.

2 comments:

  1. pillars of the earth! i had it on my palm but my sis borrowed it. i only got as far as chapter 5. it was a real interesting read! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to really start on it soon!!! Haha. It's been w/ me for yearssss.

    ReplyDelete