Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Adam Lambert's Mad World

I am a johnny-come-lately when it comes to American Idol. I have not given this reality show any thought until season 8. I came to like the two Davids - Cook and Archuleta after they won the Idol last year. But now I like AI a lot.

I was pretty excited to watch last week's show because the top eight will be singing mostly 80s songs, songs which were popular when they were born. They were all born in the 80s except for Allison Iraheta who was born on 1992 if I remember it right.

I thought Anoop Desai did well singing True Colors. I am biased of course because I liked him the first time I watched him during his audition - in geeky checkered polo and khaki knee-length pants. He's the typical college guy. I thought he's very secure about who he is without working so much about what he wears. You know the kind who wears whatever is clean in the closet and then go.

I thought Adam Lambert was overrated getting a standing ovation from the audience and the judges including Simon Cowell. But tonight I bow to him. WOW!

I listened to Anoop's studio recording of True Colors and he's great. As Paula Abdul said, it was magical.


But Adam Lambert was amazing! Listen. His rendition of Tears for Fears' Mad World is haunting. He deserved that standing ovation.


One has to have real, absolute talent to come up with a version of a song that will show your personality, your style. Adam hit it with his arrangement of Mad World.

But I'm loyal. I still vote for Anoop Dog! :)

2 comments:

  1. Woo! Keep voting Anoop!!!!
    Try to get in over 1,000 votes tonight.
    If 5,000 people 1,000 times, he'll be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so glad to know Anoop is safe this week. What's w/ the judges that they think Anoop deserves to be in the bottom 3.

    ReplyDelete