Sunday, March 22, 2009

Watching Kimora

I was channel surfing and I chanced upon Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane at Lifestyle Network. This is the first time I was able to watch it with interest. I usually let the television run while the show's on and not really mind what's going on while I'm doing something else. Oh, what a waste of electricity. Either that or I change channels.

It was half-way when I saw it tonight. I have always liked women who are effortlessly cool, stylish, witty, straightforward, with a natural sense of humor. Watching Kimora, she's all that.

The episode was around middle of last year. It walks us through Kimora's life with her VP for retail trying to create a fabulous visual display for her designs for JC Penny. As instructed she wants it screaming Kimora, Fabulosity (her brand). The VP sure had a hard time getting Kimora's approval. She did not like JC Penny's plain racks.

I handled the Operations Department of a retail company and generally, a concessionaire's request which goes beyond the standards the company implements merits a long discussion. Kimora did just that. She found her signage small and questioned why the other line has two. "Can I have the same?" Haha. It did not show if she insisted. But if she did, the whole planogram could have been affected.

As this is happening, Kimora's best friend pushed her to exercise since her jeans do not fit anymore. Boy, this is the part I can relate so well. She was funny while doing the training and keeping herself from eating too much food. As Kimora said, two things she hates, exercise and dieting.

I love exercising but I hate dieting. I am trying though but there are lapses. A tuna sandwich here, an oatmeal cookie there, skimmed milk but...a cup of white rice and chicken with all its skin devoured gets in the course at times. There goes the calories.

Losing weight is 30% exercise, 70% dieting. How do I make sense now? I bought the South Beach Diet book a few years ago but really, I have not prepared any of the recommended dishes. To date, I have lost 12 pounds. I need 30 more pounds to lose. I lose, I gain back, I lose, I gain back, the cycle continues. There will be another post on my commitment to stick to my diet.

My two colleagues bravely hired a personal trainer and a nutritionist. Wow, the results are great! I can do with a nutritionist but one thing that prevents me from getting a personal trainer is the torture that goes with every session of training. No pain, no gain. Oh boy. Crossing my fingers.

Back to Kimora. She is a doting mom! I love that. They all went to a restaurant and she pointed out to the kids the drinks are all organic. As a matter of fact they tried wheat grass juice. It was really green. I thought the kids won't be able to drink them but Kimora nudged them sweetly. She cheered on them. She seems to be a soccer mom when with her kids.

The episode ended with Kimora raving at the visual display of her line of clothing for JC Penny. The color pink and animal prints to cover plain racks did the trick. She also thanked her trainer for teaching her the basics. She will continue exercising on her own.

I had a fun time watching this show. Everything in a life of a working mother. Well, she's a mogul. There's friendship, there's business, there's health and wellness and of course, bonding with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment