Monday, March 16, 2009

Physical Education: Swimming


Before this very hectic finals week, my daughter's grade level were given a preview of their physical education class for the next school year. Everyone was excited because they are going for a swim!

Their section was given one day a week in the last two weeks to spend an hour and a half at the school's swimming pool. I was there because my daughter left her goggles at home so I dropped by the school to hand it to her with a camera in tow. I lingered for a while to take a few pictures.

Ninety nine percent of the class already know how to swim. There was only one girl they have to coax so she will join her classmates in the pool. Reluctantly she went into the pool and after a few minutes I already see her having fun learning the basics of swimming.

For parents whose children will have their first swimming lessons or those not yet familiar with the area, I strongly suggest to have an ocular of the pool, the shower and dressing area. It's advisable also to talk with the adviser and the instructor about the safety measures being implemented by the school in the pool area. If there is no orientation being conducted for the parents, request for one or ask to have a walk through of how the basic swimming lessons will run. This should give the parent peace of mind. Discuss with them also your child's skills level in swimming or confidence level when in the water.


My daughter loves to swim. She can stay in the water for hours on end. We are looking forward to more swimming get-away this summer. There is not much preparation I did for my daughter's swimming class. This is the same pool when she had her first swimming lessons at age four. She has been having swimming lessons since then.


Some of the students in the class wanted to stay longer and skip lunch. Of course that was not possible, they have to eat, dress up and prepare to go home. They have to observe the schedule given to them. Well, I had fun watching the kids have a good time in the pool.

4 comments:

  1. at opportunity. We do not have a pool in our schools so when I see things like this I get a little jealous!

    Becca

    Please visit me at http://www.askbecca.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ayayay! it's like i can almost smell the chlorine from your photos! my entry is so pathetic:( compared to yours haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naku, my kids are like that too. Can't get them out of the water.That's why my daughter cannot recover from her tan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like good, refreshing fun.

    ReplyDelete