Monday, March 30, 2009

Hitting Three with One


Last Saturday, my daughter and I attended the Krispy Kreme event, we dropped by Fully Booked and I met up with a high school friend at ArAma Cafe, Serendra, a restaurant she partly owns which serves organic food. I will be sharing more about this place in my succeeding posts.

Now the details.

A few days ago, Chats, a good friend from Filipino Mom Blog forwarded to us an invite from the organizer of Krispy Kreme's Chocolate Karnival. It got my interest because the doughnut company's billboard along EDSA have long caught my attention. If I may share, their billboards with their featured products always perk up the consumer in me. I have shared a few months back their snowmen doughnuts which my husband loved which we also first saw in their billboard. That's the power of outdoor advertising, at least that's the effect on us.

What was more encouraging about the event was that guests can bring kids along. This should be fun. I asked my daughter if she wants to go with me. She said yes knowing that it will be at Bonifacio High Street where her favorite building full of books is located. We dropped by Fully Booked after the event. Plus she's going see P again, Chats' daughter, who is about her age. Boredom is out of the question.

We caught the event half way. The place was still jampacked with guests. I wanted so much to take pictures but it was not just possible because the store was full of people, young and old, playing games, eating and taking pictures.

I have lifted the picture below from the Chocolate Karnival site. One dozen of chocolate glazed can be claimed after finishing the four games and naming their mascots. The kids definitely enjoyed playing. Thanks to Chats (and P) for my two boxes. I shared them with the people in my shop. Next time I will try chocolate glazed kreme filled.

I am not fond of fancy doughnuts (or any fancy food for that matter) but I am a chocolate lover. I would say too doughnuts are best eaten when hot and with coffee on the side. Microwave and oven toasters come in handy at home. :)

My daughter played 'shoot the doughnut' and enjoyed some drinks. Like me, she's not really fond of big crowds in a cramped place. Who would want that anyway. But I'm glad to note she enjoyed being there. I did not hear a single complain.

There are two major reasons launches interest me. I believe in the product/service. I know I am part of their target market - which means either I am already a user or I can be convinced to be a client and I have the capacity to purchase/avail of the products/services being launched or offered. A great bonus of course is my friends will be there too. I take the opportunity to bond with them.

True enough, two mommies I have not seen for quite a time attended too - Feng and Jane. We missed Cess and Wenchie though. I guess the last time I was with my Filipino Mom Blog friends was last December on our holiday get-together held at Wench's house.



Me, Feng, Jane, Chats with daughter V, Julie with her son J

Thanks to Chats again for forwarding to me our group picture. :)

I hope you had a fun-filled weekend too! And may this week be more productive for all of us.

***More snapshots at WS.

19 comments:

  1. Oh that's sounds a lot of fun! I have never met any bloggers yet...but hopefully next week I will meet one when we go on our vacation back home.

    Love doughnuts but I cannot eat chocolate ones ;( coz I get tons of pimples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a similar weekend - get-together with friends. Only mine was was with dancing old maids lol... thanks for dropping by at my entry.

    Those sweets look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! I can see that you really enjoyed the event! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! You had fun and you bonded with friends. :)

    I'm also not very fond of doughnuts but I love chocolate too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I have enjoyed reading this KK gathering. I have always wondered what it meant. Now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Get togethers with friends, fun without any doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love krispy kreme original glazed and their new york cheese cake. your daughter is very pretty! thank you for visiting. till next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sure sounds like a fun weekend, too! I dunno but I can only eat KK's original glazed donuts. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. your daughter is so pretty!
    I have two entries for WS for the first time, it's here and here Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What a great weekend you had. -Jealous! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are lovely photos! Beautiful smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doughuts near my lunch time? Distractions!! Is Fully Booked a bookstore? Like the name.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Different variants of chocolate donut!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sounds fun. i also love krispy kreme. thanks visiting my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It seemed you really had a good time! :D

    Thanks for visiting my site. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks fun! sana kasama din kami. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is so much fun! I really would like to meet fellow bloggers similar to that event that you had. Sana, in the near future:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love krispy kreme's original glazed! i would buy one doughnut a day, only if the prices were a little low hehe


    btw, i found your link thru chris's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bigla akong nagcrave ngayon ng choco-glazed KK with coffee. Hmmm. I still have those GC pala. ;)
    As always, it was great to see you. Patch took photos of us that look like we're gossiping, you know?!! LOLZ I will forward to you.

    ReplyDelete