Saturday, July 14, 2012

Center for Pop Music, Shine Concert, June 2012 (Part 1)

Just like last summer, my daughter enrolled at Center for Pop Music Philippines this year for her singing lessons. It's actually not just singing but performing on stage. They are coached for both singing and dancing as well as stage projection. My daughter was really looking forward to this activity. She couldn't wait till classes ended last March so she could start her summer class and sing her heart out. :)

It was a bit exhausting physically, and yes, exhausting also for my wallet, haha, but it was worth it. I know my daughter is happiest when she is being productive, when she is singing and performing in front of a crowd. This particular activity helped her boost her self-confidence and hone her performance skills. It also helped her to be more sociable and be on top when she is on stage.

She didn't complain a bit even if she was tired especially during rehearsals for the practicum and recital. She said she wanted it so she will endure. :) That's one of the values this kind of summer program instill on young people - being disciplined and committed to their craft.

The culminating activity for their class is the Shine Concert held at the main branch of Center for Pop Music. The opening number showed the dancing talents of the participants.

That's my daughter - the one in yellow shorts and blue top. :)






The dance ended with a group hug. I love this shot! The kids are just too happy to be performing.


My daughter continues to perform at school. She would sing even in church when there is an opportunity for her to showcase her talent. Performing on stage is really something that gives my daughter an adrenalin rush. I am so proud of her because she knows what she wants and she knows how to keep on getting better with her God-given talents. Carry on, daughter! :)

*****

I'm just so glad that the theme for Photo Hunt for two consecutive Saturdays are about dancing and singing. I already have the pictures for next week! :) This is just in time when I am all excited to resuscitate my blog. So hello there once again! I miss blogging and sharing and blog hopping. See you all, at least virtually! :)

8 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely happy post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging. I know some people find it too consuming and a drag but I really like it -- as it allows me to share photos and thoughts with more people than I otherwise would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet this was really a fun event!!!! Great photos.

    The end of the DANCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is blessed to get your full support! Take me back time when I was her age and was onstage too! I wish her luck! I'm sure she'll go a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YTSL: I've always believed that if I want something done even if it gets too busy, I will always make time. And that goes for blogging. :)

    HOOTIN ANNI: It was, it was! I love watching my daughter perform as well as the other kids.

    MARIPOSA: Thanks for the encouraging words. I appreciate them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun!!! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great story and pictures. The enthusiasm of the performers was infectious and bought a big smile

    ReplyDelete