Saturday, July 28, 2012

Center for Pop Music, Shine Concert, June 2012 (Part 2)

I was supposed to share this last Saturday for the weekly Photo Hunt meme with a theme of "Song". But I was not free during the previous weekend because of our church activities and we had our family movie date. Anyway, I still would like to share about my daughter's numbers during their practicum and recital held on May 2012 and June 2012 respectively for Center for Pop Music Philippines.

My daughter was enrolled last summer in the Level 2 class. I asked the coaches from the center what is the difference of Level 2 from last summer's Level 1. Level 2, as they explained to me, is teaching the kids overall stage performance, not just voice articulation. Also, they will be performing with a live band during the concert and not a minus one as how it was in Level 1 and during the practicum.

My daughter sang two songs during their practicum, one is Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri. I didn't know this song until she sang it and I learned to love it. :) It's quite a difficult song but she did well. :)

The other solo song she did was One Direction's Tell Me a Lie. One Direction is her super favorite band by the way. She calls herself a Directioner, which according to her, is entirely different from a Directionator.


Together with other two participants, they sang "Till the World Ends" by Britney Spears. It was such a fun number!


For the recital, Shine Concert, she sang "Crazier" by Taylor Swift. I had to find a dress that will fit her age as well as shoes. We tried red, orange, pink but we settled for black. We both liked what we found. It fits her well.


There was a glitch at the start of her song. I told her it was a learning experience as anything can happen during a live performance. What it taught her was how to carry herself well and how to project a confident (but not overbearing) stance during unexpected situations.

There was a problem with the introduction of the song as the band started playing the music. My daughter was very composed during that one or two minutes of rearranging the introduction. She was smiling all throughout while waiting. The production number was good and the song she was able to carry out well. :)

The opening number of the Shine Concert was a dance number by all the participants which I shared on Center for Pop Music, Shine Concert, June 2012 (Part 1). It was indeed a very colorful number with their K-Pop costumes.

A duet with another participant and a good friend of my daughter was also part of the concert. They sang Adele's "Rolling in the Deep". I love it!



Another song and dance for the closing number was rendered by the group.


Each member of the class was given an award of achievement recognizing their Level 2 program performance.


That's me and my daughter together with the center head, Coach Louie, and their mentor for this summer, Coach Mervin.

This particular summer activity of my daughter is tiring, exhausting but the fun and the learning my daughter gets are far greater. This is a very enriching activity for her.


Till next summer at Center for Pop Music! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment