Sunday, June 26, 2011

One Fine Weekend

We have been so busy the past months that even our weekends are so full, mostly, they are work-related for me and the husband. But this weekend we both went for the laid-back mode. I did work at home, finished a few reports in the morning, emailed them quickly and I was done. My husband needed to go to their place for a while but generally our Saturday was laid-back most parts of the day. Do we have to thank the recent tropical storm for it?

I love it and I miss it already now that only a few hours are left for our precious weekend. We did nothing special but I treasure days when we just stay at home, do simple things like watch DVD together while munching on chips.

Funny thing, my husband frowned at the idea of watching Letters to Juliet and Eat, Pray, Love but he sat with me until the very end of Twilight. Haha. He even clarified the characters he got confused with. I asked him if the movie was any good. He said yes. He's a late-bloomer Twilight Dad. Lol. He was even open to the idea of watching New Moon only I was not able to find the DVD in our storage. My guess is it's in my daughter's stash of DVDs.

Speaking of my daughter, she had a good time watching a special of Justin Bieber which was not a re-run but something she has not watched yet. Our favorite chips and the left-over butter sticks accompanied us while we were having some "the-art-of-doing-nothing-day".

I want more weekends like this - more family bonding. We need to create our balance again. I am eagerly looking forward to it. :)

4 comments:

  1. Great weekend you have spend with your family, you are saying quite right that sometimes we don`t have even time to talk with family members and missed to talk about many important things, I am glad that you took some rest and spend a day with your family.
    Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There’s always a lot of different challenges everyday. You’ll just have to figure your way out. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There’s always a lot of different challenges everyday. You’ll just have to figure your way out. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I was surfing and found your blog post… nice! I love your blog. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete