Saturday, June 11, 2011

Blazer Off, Blazer On

We had a corporate event this week which was a relaunch of one of our branches. It was a cocktail party. I was thinking of just wearing the black velvet gown I wore years ago. I tried it on and it fits me more now than before. But then I believe I will be over-dressed if I settle for this gown/long dress.

So after work last Wednesday I trooped to the department store and tried a few sets of cocktail dresses. I already have an idea of what to buy since two weeks ago we bought a gown for my daughter. I already know what to look for and where. That saved me a great amount of time knowing how I scout every nook and cranny of a mall when I scout and buy clothes for special events.

The dress I bought was actually a third choice because it sort of reminded me of my daughter's favorite brownie, with white stripes and all. But the hubby said I should try it on because it looks nice. And so I did and chose it in fact from among the clothes I tried on. I love its fit on me. And the white stripes breaks the all too common black dress for a night party. The price is very reasonable compared to other cocktail dresses off the rack.

So here's me with the dress I bought. Also my current profile picture at Facebook. I even have to mention that, haha.


I thought of putting a blazer over it and voila, I can wear it also at the office and it wouldn't look much as a cocktail dress. Love it!


Taken at the locker room of my gym amusing myself while I was waiting for my ride care of the hubby.

I love dressing up these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment