Saturday, August 14, 2010

Something Orange

The picture below was taken three years ago when The Simpsons Movie was shown. I asked my daughter to stand beside the movie's life-size standees. I love the dominant colors here - yellow and orange. I love these two colors because they are so full of energy and they make a place or a thing looks so happy. I love the orange sofa too. I'm thinking of getting an orange sofa to replace our dark blue one.

Can I relate to the characters of The Simpsons?



Homer Simpson is overweight. He is lazy and sometimes lacking in intelligence. What endears him to most viewers is his love and devotion to his family. That I believe is my husband's similarity to Homer.

I can relate somehow to Marge Simpson. I wouldn't have a hairstyle like hers but I will always be the guiding light and the great equalizer in our family just like Marge. :) I like her maiden name by the way, Bouvier.

I only have one child so let me see who she can relate to among Bart, Lisa and Maggie.

She is sometimes naughty but not as mischievous as Bart. She tends to ask a lot a little when things are imposed to her without her understanding why. Well, who wouldn't. So that gives her one striking resemblance with Bart.

Lisa is involved in a lot of advocacies and plays a musical instrument. My daughter plays the guitar and is a member of their music club. I wish she could be like Lisa loving vegetables more.

Well what can I say about Maggie? She does not talk. My daughter talked a mile a minute when she was a toddler but gradually lessened being talkative as she grows up. Maggie does not grow up. Haha. But Maggie is quite advanced for her age having been able to write her name in one of the episodes. I guess that's one thing my daughter has in common with her. She is most of the time ahead of her classmates in terms of what is new in books and music. She is also a wordsmith which her classmates love.

So maybe my daughter is a little of everything - Bart's steadfastness but a little hard headed, Lisa's love for music and Maggie's inquisitiveness.

Oh well, this was fun. I was only looking for something ORANGE for today's Photohunt. :)

1 comment:

  1. i'm not much of THE SIMPSONS fan myself. i find them funny, though! nice post!

    ReplyDelete