Friday, August 20, 2010

Dragons, Toys, Vampires and A Kid

I am excited for today's Mommy Moments. I knew right away what to share when I checked the theme last night. My family loves watching movies. My daughter is in her tween years and she is already keeping up with the movies I like...Or is it the other way around? I am keeping up with the movies she likes.

So far this year, there are four movies we both love. One is How To Train Your Dragon which is a movie about the transformation of a boy named Hiccup who wants to slay one of the most feared dragons in their land. Eventually, the goodness in his heart overpowered his desire to kill but instead a friendship between him and the dragon unfolded.



The whole family also watched Toy Story 3. We all loved the first two parts, it's but natural that we watch the last installment of the movie. Sad that this was the last of Woody, Buzz and the rest of the company. WE LOVE THE MOVIE TO BITS! This is what I posted in my Facebook status after watching it:

Watched Toy Story 3 tonight with husband and daughter. All fun! A very engaging movie with honest sentiments - leaving and letting go, adjusting to a new environment, trusting, friendship, togetherness. We love it just like the rest of the world. It's a movie with heart and humor. Good night and sweet dreams! Good morning and have a great day ahead!


Of course, this movie is included in the list - the third of the series of the Twilight saga - Eclipse. Just that I am a true-blue Team Edward and my daughter is a hardcore Team Jacob. My husband does not care one bit. In fact he never joined us watching any of the Twilight films. Haha.


I intended to watch Karate Kid with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan just so I can compare how it is the same or how it is different from the Ralph Machhio/Pat Morita's Karate Kid. It was one of the movies of my time. My friend and I lined up the movie house and sat on the stairs just to watch Karate Kid back in the 80s.

I once loved Ralph Macchio. I'm following him in Twitter now, ralphmacchio. It's good to know he is still good looking, leading a good life and seems to be a family man often tweeting about his family activities. I digress.

I was surprised to see that today's Karate Kid is also very engaging. The casting was perfect. I love Jackie Chan in the movie as well as Will Smith's son, the bida in the movie - Jaden Smith. But it's Taraji Henson whom I love the most. She played the Karate Kid's mother.

I can identify so much with her whenever she has to repeat instructions for his son. My daughter and I kept nudging each other whenever these scenes are shown. She can relate too. Every single day, I have to say the same things all over before she does them. Hmmm.


Noticed how we love posing in front of each movies' standees? Haha. We do that even before the movie is shown. As soon as we see a promotional standee, we strike a pose. Shallow fun for mom and daughter. :)

***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.

9 comments:

  1. I am waiting for the Karate Kid on DVD as I always love Jackie Chan,I think he is the only actor whom I've seen all the movies he make.
    Thanks for visiting my MommyMoments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at your pictures beside the movie standees. Really cute! Watching movies with your family (your tween daughter most especially) is really a good bonding moment.I Love Toy Story 3, too, and I hope to have my son see that movie (in DVD) again when he grows a little older. He's still too young to understand the lessons the movie imparts. Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome back to mommy moments! glad you liked our theme today... i do certainly hope that when my kids grow up, we would also watch movies together and that we would enjoy the same kind of movies :)

    great bonding moments huh? :)

    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WILLA, I'm sure you will enjoy watching KK. Jackie Chan has equal exposure with Jaden Smith.

    TETCHA, Thanks. :) You're right, watching movies is a great bonding time. We get to chat a lot too and share our thoughts.

    CHRIS, I hope I can participate weekly. :) This is really fun. I'm sure when your kids get older, they will join you in your movie dates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! that's so sweet of a mother and daughter bonding...

    i don't know if you have already been to my site... but just in case i would be glad to exchange links with you...

    thank you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess, your daughter influenced you, hahaha! Well, I have seen the Twilight since the beginning, and when my husband's 2 girls come here with us (11 and 13)to visit it happened to be Twilight time, so I took them both ( with my 4 year old) to watch the 2nd and 3rd movies.

    I haven't seen Toy Story 3, and How to Train a Dragon but my kids did. Hubby is so fond of downloading movies, even if I can't figure out who's in it,. grrr..I don't like blurry screen.

    Ok naman ang Karate Kid, kaso nga medyo malabo pa ang downloaded version, kaya di ko masyadong ma appreciate. and gaya mo, I can relate to the mom, yung 16 year old ko eh ang tigas din ng ulo, grrr..

    ReplyDelete
  7. i heard 'how to train a dragon' is really good, but we haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but one day, we would, lol! nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow four nice movies ha!! team edward here too :) hihihih

    thanks for dropping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I just love Toy Story 3, too, and I hope to have my son see that movie in DVD again when he grows a little older.

    ReplyDelete