Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life 2009

2009 has come and gone. I guess that was fast. It was a year of realization and appreciation for me. Thinking about it, there were some things which kept me motivated and inspired throughout 2009.

1. Keeping positive. And actually saying and doing things that will evoke positive emotions and attitudes. The days are not always peaches and cream but being positive let me bounce back quick.

2. Reaching out to people, even to some people I am not that familiar with. A few times I initiated a conversation in a spur of the moment or when I felt there is a need to. This gave me an inner glow knowing that I have made a connection with someone how fleeting it may seem to be. Sometimes too I find myself inspired by some people's ways, reactions, the way they do things no matter how simple it may be. I have always loved observing people.

3. Reconnecting. I started reconnecting with old classmates, a few acquaintances, gym mates, neighbors and some people who had been close to me one way or another in the past.

4. Keeping a gratitude journal. I started mine last October. I list at least five things, situations, people, whatever it is that made me happy or satisfied throughout the day. This helps me a lot to be grateful day to day.

5. Keeping myself updated about the current trends in areas of interest to me, of things that are relevant, of current events. More often than not, they add fuel to my passion.

5. Exercising. Who knew the time will come that I would enjoy going to the gym and actually doing a lot of exercising, even yoga and dance classes. But really, I get so recharged after every session. In fact my mind and body crave for the gym when I am stressed out.

6. My family's unconditional love. My family is my support system and my source of strength.

7. Creating, giving time for the family especially for my daughter.

8. Having an epiphany about a very important matter in my life.

9. Indulging in a hobby. I cooked a lot of times and baked a few times (well, instant brownies, haha). I took photographs which led to an idea of creating a photoblog for 2010.

10. Reading inspirational books, passages, even twits on a daily basis. An inspiring line or two sometimes makes a great difference.

11. Mingling with my churchmates. I am inspired by their faith and how they are so eager to serve God.

12. Being mindful of the present. Keeping still when my mind starts with its simultaneous planning again. This helps me to be more focused.

13. Enjoying life's simple joys. A successful adobo, a beautiful picture I took, Glee.....

14. Keeping myself excited on what is in store, keeping my dreams alive both personally and professionally, and continuously working to achieve my goals.


15. Praying. At all times. Communing with God is very powerful.

I intend to keep doing all these on 2010. They made me feel so alive and purposeful. Life is good! I embrace LIFE 2010 and onwards with even greater positivity! We all freakin' deserve a great 2010 and beyond! :)

Through the years I have learned that there are a lot of things to be excited about. I love this feeling of adrenalin rush. It keeps me going. I am excited and looking forward to what is in store.

God is good all the time! :)

2 comments:

  1. great list.. i am glad that 2009 has been a good one for you personally :) hope 2010 would even be a greater one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you, Chris. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete