Friday, January 8, 2010

New Year's List at Random

I have set my expectations for the year 2010 for myself and my family. I'm reading a book by Joel Osteen, It's Your Time, and I agree with him that instead of calling them goals - be bold, be direct, and call them your great expectations. You expect to achieve what you have set to achieve.

While resting my body after a work-out, I decided to write my expectations at random. I know already what I want on my mind. I mapped them out as soon as I got home, broke them down with action plans quarterly, monthly and even weekly where applicable. We all do this at work, why not on our annual personal expectations? It's clearer and it's easier to monitor our progress. This is my little way of giving a hundred percent of my commitment to what I have set to do.

I came up with twenty one items relating to my family, relationship with people, health and wellness, work, travel and leisure, business and money, on line presence, school, home and living. Yes, they do sound like sections you can find in a broadsheet. I did not plan make it that way but it ended up that way. :)

I would like to share a few of them.

1. Up my savings to a certain percentage. Save in all areas that I can save. Every cent counts. If there are more cost-efficient alternatives giving the same quality arriving at the desired result, why not?

I have started on our television cable provider last year. I changed provider because it is almost half the price with 95% of the same channels that I often watch at night. Next would be our DSL. Maybe 90% of the people I know have availed of the bundle service provided by telcos (landline and internet connection) with only an additional P300 monthly. This saves us P600 a month comparing to how much we are paying right now.

Oh yes, I do my own hair coloring now. I just did. This will save me a few thousand pesos quarterly. :)

2. Reach my ideal weight once and for all. I have lost a lot of pounds already for the past two years. But it seems my weight has plateaued. I'm still far from my desired weight. I have no problem with working out but it's the diet that I have to be diligent about. Will mind my diet.

3. Bake. Bake. Bake. Bake cakes and cupcakes. Haha, this runs contrary to my #2. But it's not to devour them but for the pleasure of doing them. I love looking at pastries and cakes. I always love imagining the end product. I admire those dainty cupcakes and how I wish I can make some. They would be nice gifts or give aways and eventually, a business.

My guinea pigs would be the class of my daughter next year. Cupcakes for each classmate and teacher on her birthday. Haha. This gets me so excited.

4. Enroll my daughter in a music summer class.

5. Cut on processed foods gradually, starting at 60% this quarter.

6. Home improvements. We started this January by repainting our room. All the rest are scheduled on specific months.

7. Run, jog, do brisk walking.....whatever it is that will be a joint physical activity for the whole family. My husband stopped going to the gym because of time constraints but he does brisk walking. My daughter swims. I go to the gym. I want us to be in any one of these together at least once a week. Jogging would be the most practical.

8. Have more educational trips as a family. We had fun at Fort Santiago. We will definitely do something like this again.

These are just a few of my great expectations. There are some areas that I want to keep to myself and the family. There are times it's just me and God who know and they happen magically. :)

Happy New Year!

***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your expectation. Hope they all come true for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely site mommy! nice theme and header :)

    Its nice that you have these things sorted already. Nothing is forgotten or overlooked. Goodluck to all of us as we work to achieve them. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals.. achievable too! :D May God bless you as you reach them!

    by the way, you have a new template here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am new to Mommy Moments :) Good luck with your goals :) Love the idea of baking.

    I also like your lay-out. It looks very homey :)

    ReplyDelete