Friday, December 25, 2009

Church Team Buiding December 2009

Our church mates from our group call it Sports Fest but I would say it is more of a team building created for three reasons: 1. to get to know the other groups which hold their church duties in a different schedule, 2. to strengthen the bond in our group, 3. to unwind after our end-of-year Thanksgiving.

This has been going on for about three years now if I am not mistaken. My husband had been attending this and he always enjoyed going. This is the first time my daughter and I went with him. Thank God we were able to wake up early or else we missed all the fun.

We arrived a few minutes before seven in the morning. My daughter was not quite in the mood at the onset. But I know she will get to catch up because our churchmates are very accommodating and most of them know her already.


The assembly was already quite a number, around forty, by seven in the morning so the games started. All in the name of fun and good times. My daughter joined the first game.


I took this time also to take a lot of pictures of the place. One interesting area is the Peace Wall, a mural where messages about the people's desire to achieve peace in the country were inscribed.

I often pass by Quezon City Circle, a famous landmark in Mega Manila which contains the remains of Manuel L. Quezon (the first president of the Commonwealth of the Philippines). This morning was just the second time I visited the park. This was the first time though that I went around and took some pictures.

My daughter and my husband went to the topmost step. Oh what a great photo opportunity for me. :)


This team building was worth getting up so early in the morning. I am inspired by the enthusiasm of my churchmates and the bonding that I get to build with them by joining activities such as this.

This is also one way to inspire my daughter to be active in our church. She gains more friends and gets to see how much fun it is to be involved in church activities.

2 comments: