Friday, December 18, 2009

A Star Is Born

My daughter loves music very much. She had her guitar lessons then but she has not yet enrolled in any voice lessons class. I asked her several times because I see her talent in singing but she kept on declining. She does not want any recital, that is why. She was contented recording her voice on our computer and on the cell phone. I let her be.

It came as a pleasant surprise to me that she auditioned for their school's Music Made Easy program to be a part of the performing group all composed of kids - from the vocalists to the drummer to the guitarist and keyboardist. It's a part of the Music and Media Arts Workshop provided by their school. She was chosen as one of the five vocalists from their grade level. She was really happy and so was I. Jumping for joy actually. :)

I also admire their music teacher who had been very patient guiding the children. He was able to motivate them well.


My daughter preparing to sing.

I admired her courage to audition and her confidence to sing in front of the whole school. She is used to performing but always with a big group. This time they will only be around eight students on stage. All eyes will be focused on them. We eagerly anticipated the culminating activity. The group will hold a mini-concert for the school.


Go girl!

Aside from being a part of the choir, their group sang two songs, one of which was Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". This surprised me a bit because the kids know the song. They have a broad scope when it comes to music and not limited to Taylor Swift or Miley Cyrus.

Yes, I was a proud mommy watching my daughter holding the microphone, singing her heart out with matching hand gestures and walking on the stage. She did not freeze from being nervous. She told me before the program she was having butterflies on her stomach but she did so well there was no trace that she was nervous.


All smiles after the program.

Ironic, she now agreed with me to enroll in voice lessons on summer. It's as if she tested the waters first if she can perform in front of a huge crowd before deciding to really hone her talent.

This is one mommy moment I truly enjoyed doing. The pictures taken on stage are blurry. My own camera malfunctioned so I have to borrow at the last minute. I have a new camera now, :). Anyway, I was supposed to share this a few Mommy Moments ago but due to time constraints this post stayed on my draft. I am proud to share this today. Happy Mommy Moments to all my fellow moms!

***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure maluha-luha ka habang nagpe-perform ang daughter mo--ganyan din ako pag nasa stage ang kids ko^_^ Way to go!!\(^0^)/

    Happy MM!!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Hindi naman maluha-luha but couldn't take my eyes off her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. talented kids! wow, sobrang nakaka-proud naman talaga!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure, she'll be god at it.

    A little late for my MM, but hope you could still peek. I broke the rule this time, find out why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Really talented daughter you have there..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have a talented daughter! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heey .
    it's me andrea .
    thx fr the comments !!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. A proud mama!!! :D thanks for sharing it with us!

    I think your daughter is enrolled in a good school, what school is this?

    Merry Christmas Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! that's truly something to be proud of.. ayos yan.. dream ko din yan dati eh.. lucky naman ng daughty mo supportado ng mommy :-)

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete