Monday, November 30, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon, The Movie

I read the book, I love it! I watched the movie, I like it. But definitely not as much as I liked Twilight. In Twilight, Edward Cullen dazzled me. He was enigmatic, he was mesmerizing. In New Moon, there was less of him (as expected) and in those scenes he was either brooding or sneering. The mystery was uncovered in Twilight hence there was less excitement for me in New Moon. The sparkles were better though I think. Having said that, I am still for Team Edward!

New Moon was true to the book as Twilight was. I love the opening where Bella dreamt of the future - Bella as an old woman and Edward, still at 17. I love the meadow where the scene was taken. It gave a dreamy, soft feeling.

The effects in New Moon are far better than in Twilight. The transformation of the men into wolves were smooth. Yes, it could have been better if they morphed slowly for better impact. Maybe they will do that in Eclipse.

What I liked about the movie:

1. Edward's sparkle.
2. Bella is so beautiful.
3. The scene where the months passed by while Bella remained brooding.
4. The werewolves, the casting was good.
5. Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black for the effort of working hard so he will fit to his role.
6. The paper cut scene. I find Jasper adorable when he's helpless.
7. The parade in Italy.
8. Bella's adrenalin rush where Edward always appear in her vision.
9. The scene where Jacob did not give the phone to Bella when Edward called.

What I wished were given more creativity:

1. The series of miscommunication which made Alice and Edward think that Bella has passed away.

I can't believe there are still Twilight Saga haters, that there are still people who try to put the series down for not finding any deep, profound meaning in the books. There is none. We all know that from the start. You read these books for the sheer fun of it, not because you want an Edward Cullen or a Jacob Lautner in your life. We all know Bella is not an ideal person with her lovelorn self all over the book/movie. They are fun books, or fan books, the two apply. Everything in the book is fiction. Either you read and watch or just leave them alone.

I would like to see the third installment of the Twilight Saga, Eclipse. I read it will be shown on June 2010. Great! This is my favorite among the Twilight series. The love triangle is intense here.

No comments:

Post a Comment