Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sport: Swimming

Swimming is said to be one of the best workouts we can do everyday as it involves movement of the whole body. I'm happy to note that this is one activity my husband and my daughter love to do. My daughter will also agree with me that it is one sport that gives so much fun. It can be a competitive sport or it can simply be a favorite recreation of the family. I can't swim alright but I can float and I can walk through the waters provided it's not beyond five feet, ha!

This is one of the reasons why I was so keen on enrolling my daughter in a swimming class. I want her to be a good swimmer and enjoy the waters as much as she can. She started at four years old and had been loving the waters since then. Last March, they had a preview of their swimming class for their Physical Education (P.E.) for this school year. Needless to say she had fun in the water with her classmates. Their P.E. on the last semester will be spent on the pool. Imagine the excitement of the kids.


Swim, baby, swim!


Can this pass as water ballet?


Fun in the water


Water baby

***See more pictures with sports as theme at Photo Hunt.


7 comments:

  1. Good for them. Looks great!

    My Sports entry is HERE

    Hope to see you over at Hootin' Anni's today sometime. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... I only wish we had swimming for PE when I was in grade school!

    My photohunt entry is up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, beautiful colors. Swimming is so important for kids to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics Lynn! For me, I can't swim :(

    We missed you the other night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my daughter loves to swim too..now if only she would put her head down.. :)

    i got an award for you, hope you grab it!

    http://www.mommyjourney.com/2009/10/most-inspirational-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter took lessons at Swim Gym when we lived in Miami. They were truly excellent in their approach to teaching, now she swims on a team and practices 3 times a week. Swimming is a great way to keep in shape not to mention the fact that is a life saving skill!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete