Friday, October 16, 2009

First Stop: Bookstore

Almost always our first stop when we go to the mall is the bookstore. Both me and my daughter are book lovers. But my daughter can beat me to finish a new book. One time she was able to read a 300 page book in one day. I often think her books are one of her motivations to finish her school work so she can continue reading them.

She has passed the stage of Dr. Seuss and Roald Dahl but these books she treasures. She loves Amelia, Madison Finn, Candy Apple, Meg Cabbot, mostly books created for middle school children. I know when she gets to be a little older she will appreciate one of my favorite books of all time - J.D. Salinger's Catcher in the Rye.

There are times it gets her a while to choose a book. She looks on practically each book on the shelf, pull out what she likes and starts browsing on the pages. If she reads faster than I do, she takes longer than I do in choosing a book.


Look, look and look some more.


Finally she got one, sits her herself comfortably on the floor and prepares to read a few pages before she decides if she's having it.


She couldn't wait till we get home to start reading some more.


***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.



6 comments:

  1. She really love books obviously and that is great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, maganda yan para sa mind development nya..

    Malkwatsa kami kaya halika na at tingnan ang aming Strolling Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, wow she's a good reader and that's not only a first stop but the first step to success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good she loves to read. Proof is also that she's wearing eyeglasses na. :) Hope she can take care of her eyes pa rin.

    My MM entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great bonding moments with your daughter :D

    love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET SHELO, She devours them. :)

    CHUBSKULIT, Korek!

    NUTS, I want to believe so too.

    MEIKAH, Her opto said it can be corrected. :)

    CHRIS, Thanks Chris!

    ReplyDelete