Friday, September 25, 2009

These Are A Few of Her Favorite Things

Do you remember Maria's song from The Sound of Music, My Favorite Things? If I will change the lyrics and replace them with my daughter's favorites, we might need a twenty track CD, with extended versions, remix and bonus tracks. My daughter has a lot of favorite things, persons and activities that keeps her occupied and wide eyed. Mamarazzi that I am, I keep snapshots of all of them. I would love to share some. Please indulge me.

She loves books which I have shared countless times in this blog. I have featured her showing a collage devouring her books. She can't wait most of the time that she reads her book as soon as we buy them even if we are still in a restaurant waiting for our food.


Books

She loves chicken fingers and fries that these are already staple when we eat out. I'm close to begging her to skip it and order something else. The second choice would be pasta in pesto sauce.


Chicken fingers and fries

This often happens with children. They have a favorite among the things they own that they won't let go. My daughter has an obsession with her purple and yellow hoodie. This is already like a part of her uniform going to school. Good thing it has a good fabric and color which does not fade due to laundry-abuse. She uses this like three times a week. I have to tell her to give attention to her other sweatshirts and hoodies. Also, she reverted to her favorite color, purple. From purple to pink and back to purple because according to her, pink is too girly girl.


This jacket and the color purple

She plays volleyball and badminton but swimming is still her favorite sport. She does not want to get out from the pool once there. She loves the water that even her shower time takes more than thirty minutes I have to knock on the door and tell her to finish bathing.


Swimming

Like most children these days, she loves using the computer and visit her favorite sites - Meez, Disney, Nickelodeon, YouTube and uses YM to chat with her friends. Reality is she can only use the computer on weekends on a limited time. On rare occasions I allow her to use it on weekdays especially after a trimester test, a sort of a reward to her.


Computer

My daughter is a craft buff. Sometimes she spends a few hours just creating her scrapbooks and collages. Here she assembled the 3D poster of one of her favorite celebrities, Miley Cyrus. Beside her are the magazines sent by my sister which mostly contain the tweens' favorites, Twilight, The Jonas Brother, Selena Gomez among other Disney stars.


Crafting and Celebrities

One of the best times she had last summer was spending time with her favorite cousins. They call this their "hang-out". She loves her Ate Jill and her Ate Tin.


With Jill and Tin

She lives in the U.S. but my daughter and I love Frankie, my niece and her only first cousin (my brother's daughter). Yes, we're a small family. And here's our favorite picture of her sitting on what used to be her favorite rocking horse which I sent her through Amazon.


Frankie


***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.



8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a lovely collection of favorites... Your sweethearts are beautiful!

    Here's Our Favorites

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter certainly has a lot of favorites..Smart lass..

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is very pretty...Nice shots...happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your little lady is so pretty.. happy mommy moments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter has an excellent list of favorite things! I'm always happy to read about children who love books or reading. Way to go mommy! :)

    My MM entry is here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know more about your wonderful daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. quoted the same song din in my entry- isn't it a great theme song for this week's mommy moments, lol.

    eniways, kakabilib naman daughter mo, reading and athletics a great combo for favorites.

    Happy MM and mine is up too, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! thanks for sharing about your girl :)

    ReplyDelete