Thursday, September 10, 2009

Scouting Investiture

I became a member of the Girl Scout movement when I was in grade school. The drills and the activities were tiring alright but joining earned me a lot of friends from different grade levels. Also, it helped me experience independence from my parents whenever we have our camping. I remember though I was only allowed to join twice in campings held at the school grounds.

I was excited for my daughter when she decided to be a Girl Scout last year. She was never a Star Scout since she prefers to be active in other extra curricular activities since her earlier days in grade school. She is a member of their Music, Arts and swimming clubs.


This photo was taken during their investiture last October 2008. I attended the ceremony as I always do when she has participation in school programs. A photo opportunity for us after the part where the neckerchief, green cap and scouting pin were handed over by the parents (or godmother) to their scouts.

Today's Mommy Moments talk about hats, my daughter do love wearing one. She has a collection actually. I shared a few pictures many posts ago for Photo Hunt the different hats of my daughter.


***Read more sharing at Mommy Journey.

15 comments:

  1. hi thanks for dropping by sa site ko =) wow dalaga n anag baby mo nice girlsout uniform! i love camping. I exeprienced it during high school na and i love it tlga! =) happy MM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by! I wanted to become a girl scout when I was in elementary but wasn't able to join because I was so sickly back then.

    Nice that your daughter is active and loves hats.

    By the way, happy MM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It make me smile when I navigate into your hat hunts. You have a beautiful daughter;)

    thanks for checking my MeMe:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my daughters too participated actively in girl scouts. you have a lovely daughter.

    happy mommymoments day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a pretty daughter. Her girl scout uniform fits her very well.

    Mine is here Take a peek when you have time. Happy MM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the visit. nice collections of hats.

    happy mm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hindi kayo magkamukha ng daughter mo,pero pareho kayong maganda . :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hindi ako naka girls scout pero when I was in college I grab the opportunity and became a director of like them...

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for visiting! i wish we'd be blessed with a baby girl, too. =) your post made me smile as I think of my old star scout days. the star scouts are gay, just watch them play....

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the mother-daughter moment captured in that photo with or without the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. elo momi- you know i have a similar picture with my mom when i was younger, i was a star scout then.. miss those moments.

    Happy MM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ive attempted to be a girl scout but being my lazy self... i didnt pursue it when i was in grade school

    thanks for sharing this memorable mommy moment with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. she's so beautiful, If ever na may girls scout din dito for sure i-join ko yung two girls ko :p
    Have a great day mommy !!

    ReplyDelete