Monday, February 23, 2009

Writings on the Paper Mat


Dining places which are children friendly always get a nod from me. I appreciate it that the owners (and their marketing and operations people) take initiatives to make the place comfortable for children. That makes perfect sense especially if the restaurant is generally catering to families.

Burgoo is one of them. They have the ready paper mat and crayons so guests can doodle as they wait for food. My daughter anticipates this whenever we dine there. She writes, she draws and makes borders.



I can see that not only kids do this. Even young couples and teenagers. It's fun as long as the food does not take that long to be served.


For mommies familiar with Plurk, maybe you can relate. I registered for phPlurk so I can update through text. (For the record, I am not really addicted to Plurk but I enjoy interacting with my mommy friends and other bloggers that I am familiar with. I usually plurk at night when all else is done.) I used to plurk even through text - what I am doing or where I am like when we were having our lunch at Burgoo. My daughter showed what she had written on the paper mat. She said her mom plurks a lot. Kids are very much aware of what we are doing, even the trivial things we do. :)

13 comments:

  1. lol for the plurks a lot. i used too plurked too! it's addicting but i have to stop to give way for some more offline activities. thanks for dropping by my WS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have several such restaurants in Singapore too and not only kids but adults love doodling too. :)

    I have no time to plurk these days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hubby and son enjoy doodling there, too! sometimes they even keep doodling even after the food is already served. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! of course, they do know what were up to. My son says he can't use the computer whenever I am around --- hehe -- good thing it's my personal laptop. So he's now saving up for his own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi plurk buddy! Yohan loves that place too because of their paper "table mats".

    Hope you enjoyed your long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cutie! yes, i've been to Burgoo at The Podium three years ago with my girlfriends. TGI Fridays and Hard Rock Cafe also offer colors and coloring books to keep the kids busy. come visit my entry here http://kcelebration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. uy lefty sya, i bet matalino yan! ganyan kaming mga lefty eh ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah, i enjoy doing this as well! and you wouldn't get bored while waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I plurk a lot as well but that was before..it's addicting so I stopped now my karma is way way way down :D

    Have a great week and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. papers and crayons are lifesavers, esp for moms of little kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice pictures :)

    i deleted my plurk account. it's so addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, sorry for the late visit here been really bz. i do plurk before but my hubby told me to stop :). anyway thanks for dropping by my WS though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One time we were at Burgoo for a program planning and one of the therapists made a wonderful sketch. Lots of people asked to have what she drew :D

    ReplyDelete