Saturday, February 28, 2009

Smart Little Lady


My daughter stopped in the middle of her internet privilege (which is about two to three hours every weekend, spread throughout the day). She turned to me while I am reading my emails on my laptop and said excitedly Joe Jonas (of The Jonas Brothers) is talking to them at Meez.

I looked her straight on the face and asked her what did I tell her about the world wide web.

"Good point, mom. He's a busy man. He has no time to play. It couldn't be him." She left Meez Nation and just continued doing her avatar.

Now my turn to bug her. I told her I am "friends" with Paulo Coelho (a celebrated author of several books) through our Plurk.

My daughter, teasing me, asked, "how'd you know he's the real Paulo Coelho?"

I was caught by surprise with her reply. "No, he's for real."

She asked, "how'd you know he's not fake?"

I told her the profile has a link to his blog and the blog links to his official site.

She was still teasing me and said, "anybody can make a site, mom."

I pointed out to her what makes a valid site and certifies its real owner. "This contains all his works, even e-books and where he can be contacted, videos showing his interviews....."

In a matter of fact voice, she told me to be careful. "You wouldn't know."

And she left, went back to the PC, seemingly unconvinced.

What does this particular situation tells me? It tells me we exchanged roles for a while there. Kidding aside.....

1. My daughter and I have a great bond that she shares with me even the littlest excitement she feels and the same thing goes for me.
2. She listens well, learns fast and applies lessons earned quickly. Wise thinking for the little lady.
3. Of course he is the real Paulo Coelho but I can't stop grinning. My daughter's reply got me. Well, it happens even to the best mommies.

I am thankful my daughter is growing up a beautiful, smart, active lady, sometimes moody and silly but loving and sweet in her own way.

22 comments:

  1. A very wise young lady, and evidently she pays attention to her mom. That's a very good thing.

    My interpretation of this week's PhotoHunt theme has a family focus too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! She's funny, sometimes these girls want to think like adults. And that's good she's a little cautious around the web. Thanks for the visit. You have a nice blog too.

    Namaste~

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very wise young lady. You have raised her well. Have a great weekend, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wise young lady!
    And beautiful :)

    Thanks for visiting!
    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and I love the photograph of your beautiful daughter. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL that's a funny conversation.

    Your daughter is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great kid, a beautiful shot!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your daughter is so beautiful and wise, I understand why you are thankful for her. Love the story too!

    Thanks for visiting mine and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lynn, you have a beautiful daughter .... no wonder you are so proud of her..kids today seen so mature at a younger age...thanks for your visit to my place ... Baba

    ReplyDelete
  10. They say: As mother - so is the daughter :) She is just sooo beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your daughter is smart to be
    careful. and she is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  12. A is very wise huh, and yes, expect a reversal of roles in the coming days. I experience that too with Trix more often than I want to :D Children can be wise beyond their years and that is good for me.

    Happy Sunday Lynn, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is a smart young thing. Beautiful shot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Obviously she is doing so well because of some great parenting! This was a great 'take' on this week's theme.

    Thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree - very beautiful young lady!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She sounds very wise - and looks very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i admire the bond between the mom and the daughter. :-)

    your daughter is smart and you are doing a nice job as a mom. she is truly a gift to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She's very witty. It only proves that you're an effective teacher because she remembered everything you discussed to her about the world wide web.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love your daughter! so smart!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's a very smart and pretty young lady there. I'm sure you're a proud mommy.

    Thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete