Friday, February 27, 2009

Pink and Blue, Oh Why?

A few days ago I changed my template for this blog, Life Bliss. I am in a perennial search for a nice, working template. More aptly, I would like to try different templates every now and then.

It's just like a home. You want to redecorate it from time to time. You want to move a few things here and there. You want to repaint it, or sometimes, you want total renovation. That's what I do with my blog templates. It sets my mood to post in a way. We all want comfortable homes, don't we? We all want a change of surroundings once in a while to further excite us, move us, motivate us. Those are the rationales why I see myself changing templates several times in a year. I'm blogging for more than two years now. I will take screenshots of my templates from this time on, for posterity. :)


But this particular template called Baby Blue is way different from the templates I prefer. This makes me feel I am in a nursery, with blue and pink blankets all over. But well, it's cute. It looks happy and contemporary as my husband says. Fits the tone of my content which is mostly about family bonding.

On regular days, I like simple templates, white, not much color around really. Professional and neat, bordering on boring. Nothing distracting or extravagant. I don't like pastel hues nor too dark colors. But between pastel and dark colors, I'd choose the latter. So why do I have this template which is just-not-me?

I want to deviate from my usual preference once in a while. Like how I do with my wardrobe or my hairstyle. This is a generic template which I tweaked to suit my taste somehow. I really don't know how long I will use this, or how short. Time is not a question in terms of configuring templates. I can do this even in the dead of the night after all my work is done.

This template is too dainty sometimes and it looks broken on IE6 and lower versions but perfect on FF and IE7. Haven't tried checking this on Opera or Safari. I guess they look organized there too. Well anyway, I just have to think aloud by posting why I chose a template which is a far cry from my personality. I don't cringe when I open this blog so that's a good sign that I am getting at home and this template just might last for a few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment