Sunday, September 28, 2008

Go with the Girls

I'm re-reading a book given to me by my former boss and mentor, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women. I am browsing on it and read the part about "going with the girls". Yes, it is true. It makes sense. I guess this is also true with most of the women out there, single or married. We just have to make some bonding time with our group of select women - our real-honest-to-goodness friends.

When it comes to my girl friends, I know who to call on whenever I need some laughs to recharge me. I know that whatever I tell them, they will understand and give their thoughts without being pushy. There is no pressure.

We lead different lives. Two of us are mothers faced with different situations at the office and home front. One is still in her scholarly pursuits, a writer and does research all over the world. Obviously leading a bohemian life which she so prefers. At times it comes to my mind what if we trade places. Will I come off as the same person being a single mother or someone who floats through life? I am not really sure how it will be. I love us the way we are that's a fact.

It was a hush-hush late birthday celebration a few weeks ago. We were all busy but we just have to find time. I was leaving the office, stepping out of my room, when they called through the landline. My cell phone's battery was drained at the time. I thought our quick dinner will not push through because I wouldn't know where we will meet. But the gods conspired that we would meet. :)


La Boheme's favorite is the shrimp fra diablo. I love the shrimp with feta cheese and spinach.

The celebrator would have no other salad but the sicilian chicken. It has a lot in it - grapes, mango, pine nuts, lemon-dijon dressing. The flavors of each are still distinct. I love this salad too.


Life and love, our children, men, our aspirations, our friends now living on the other side of the globe. Those were our topics over pasta at Italianni's. Two hours is not enough but we always find ways to communicate. Technology is heaven sent for us. A text, a call, a YM away. I love these girls. :)

**********
Mood: Mushy.
Music: How to Save a Life, The Fray

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed quality time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice way to get together with friends. Uy, mukhang masarap ang Sicilian salad :D

    ReplyDelete